Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resizing a hole for MMB

Howdy folks,

I've encountered a problem with one of my programs. I seem to have lost the measured size for a datum hole that has MMB implemented. First off, the tolerancing for the problem hole in Xact->Nominals was wrong, so I corrected it. Upon returning to my report window from Xact, the tolerancing and nominal size were there, but the measured size was now zero. That caused a pretty poor result as the report was passing prior to my futzing with the callout.

Is there a way to change the measured size for D2:CirD2 in command mode?

DatumD2Sizing.JPG

Re-running the PRG would be the simple plan..... Probably a gigantic prg I bet....

Comment

• jeregonn
      jeregonn commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, it's a big one relative to the other stuff we run.16 page report!

Yup, gotta remember to hit no when asked if you want to update measured values. Not sure if there's a way to fix it without running it again.

Comment

If you can figure out what the ACTUAL X, Y, Z, and D are for this part, you can change the nominals of the feature to match these and then click YES when it asks if you want to update measured values. This will put your measured values back to what they actually measured, but your nominals are now incorrect. Then put the correct NOMINAL X, Y, Z, and D values back into the feature. This time click NO when it asks if you want to update measured values. Refresh your report and you should be good.

I would like to emphasize that if you aren't ABSOLUTELY SURE what your actuals were for this feature after it was ran, don't try this as the deviations will not be correct

Comment

...or create a generic circle, and use that as D2.
        PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

I have seen this before. If you edit the feature and hit yes to updated measured values, it will do this. With our TP20 probes, sometimes they don't get hole size correct so we will go in and edit the size to what we measured with a bore gage and that's when we see this. The other thing you should do is re execute the Xact line of code. Sometimes it doesn't pick up the new diameter if you don't.
          Remembering my beautiful wife Taz who's life was lost on 6-13-2020. I love you and I miss you.

Comment

Originally posted by vpt.se View Post
            ...or create a generic circle, and use that as D2.
            This is what I like to do. I have seen MMC on a threaded hole before (I know.......) so I pinned the minor diameter and inputted with this method.

Code:
            [B]TEST_CIR [/B]=FEAT/CONTACT/CIRCLE/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN,IN,LEAST_SQR
            THEO/<0,0,0>,<0,0,1>,0.5
            ACTL/<0,0,0>,<0,0,1>,0.5
            TARG/<0,0,0>,<0,0,1>
            START ANG=0,END ANG=360
            ANGLE VEC=<0,0,1>
            DIRECTION=CCW
            SHOW FEATURE PARAMETERS=NO
            SHOW CONTACT PARAMETERS=NO
            [B]C2[/B] =COMMENT/INPUT,NO,FULL SCREEN=NO,
            Enter feature diameter (.497)
            F1 =GENERIC/CIRCLE,DEPENDENT,CARTESIAN,IN,$
            NOM/XYZ,<[B]TEST_CIR.X.THEO[/B],TEST_CIR.Y.THEO,TEST_CIR.Z.THEO>,$
            MEAS/XYZ,<[B]TEST_CIR.X.MEAS[/B],TEST_CIR.Y.MEAS,TEST_CIR.Z.MEAS>,$
            NOM/IJK,<TEST_CIR.I.THEO,TEST_CIR.J.THEO,TEST_CIR.K.THEO>,$
            MEAS/IJK,<TEST_CIR.I.MEAS,TEST_CIR.J.MEAS,TEST_CIR.K.MEAS>,$
            DIAMETER/TEST_CIR.D.THEO,[B]C2.INPUT[/B]
            DIM LOC8= LOCATION OF CIRCLE F1 UNITS=IN ,$
            GRAPH=OFF TEXT=OFF MULT=10.00 OUTPUT=BOTH HALF ANGLE=NO
            AX NOMINAL MEAS +TOL -TOL DEV OUTTOL
            D 0.5000 0.4970 0.0050 0.0050 -0.0030 0.0000 ---#--------------
            END OF DIMENSION LOC8

Comment

I appreciate all the advice. I ended up re-running the program and omitting the datum diameter from the report. If (more like when) I encounter this again, I'll definitely be revisiting this thread.

Comment