Importing a new CAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing a new CAD

I made a program from a CAD but the CAD is updated so i deleted the old CAD and imported the new one and just wondering how to align it with the measured features from the old CAD.

Thanks for the help!!!!!

https://www.pcdmisforum.com/forum/pc...play-transform
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

Thanks I know how to align a CAD in a new program but In this case I need to align the CAD to excising features from the an old CAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito81 View Post
        Thanks I know how to align a CAD in a new program but In this case I need to align the CAD to excising features from the an old CAD.
        F9 the feature, re-select the cad.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

You do not mention the version or license level, so it may not be available.. Would our change manager tool help in this case. You say the cad is updated. We can compare an existing routine to the new cad and identify items that may have changed. An example would be a cylinder the was 15mm on the old cad. The new model has the same cylinder at 14.5mm. Maybe its location shift a small amount in X, for example. We can also identify this.

Comment

Typically when I am replacing a model I will leave the old model in there and use the "select" feature in the translate screen to line the two models up. (Then delete the old model of course)

Comment

rjurca The CAD change manager is grayed out (disabled) in one of our installations. I am of the understanding that the change manager is related to the option IPMeasure/IPlanner in the license, but this should be free as of 2018 (this is the option that is different between the installations). If it is free (IPMeasure), how come it is grayed out?
              PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

• rjurca
                rjurca commented
                Editing a comment
                It is part of the IP Import license option. My guess is the lock for the one machine in question, does not have IP Import.

• vpt.se
                vpt.se commented
                Editing a comment
                Verified. Thank you!
                Last edited by vpt.se; 11-02-2020, 01:45 AM.