PCDMIS 2001 Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCDMIS 2001 Help Needed

I work IT for a company, and we had an existing XP machine running PCDMIS 2001 fail. We have another identical XCEL running PCDMIS 2001 on Win7x86. We cannot get PCDMIS to see the HASP lock, or successfully install the driver, although Windows sees the HASP and installed it as version 3.25 just the same as the other machine running the same version of PCDMIS 2001 (3.2063).

Does anyone have any ancient documentation on setup process? It seems like the install is looking for a parallel port lock to be installed, and they were converted to USB hard locks a few years back. I'm wondering if there is a config file that needs to be edited. I have also tried copying the entire c:\PCMDISW directory from the working computer with no luck.

Thanks in advance. pcdmis2.PNG pcdmis1.PNG pcdmis3.PNG

Howdy jseel,

In the directory on one of those computers you should be able to find a read.me file about the v2001 release of the software. That should contain instructions for first time installation, system requirements, things fixed, new features, etc., etc., etc.

HTH & ymmv

sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

To add to Wes' advice.... try the 'latest' HASP drivers at::::::

ftp://wilcoxassoc.com/../Licensing/H...time_setup.zip

inside the zip has a readme.html that has a lot of good stuff that might fix your issue(s) ::::::::::

This document provides information regarding the Run-time Environment Installer GUI for Sentinel LDK and Sentinel HASP, including supported operating systems, enhancements, known compatibility issue, and issues resolved. ("Sentinel LDK" is the next generation of the Sentinel HASP system.)
      Operating Systems Supported
      • Windows XP (32-bit and 64-bit)
      • Windows Server 2003 (32-bit and 64-bit)
      • Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
      • Windows 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit)
      • Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
      • Windows 2008 R2
      the above is from 2012, but maybe you have something corrupt in your HASP driver(s). The latest Demon pushes CLM stuff, but I'm old skool and liked the green HASP USB fish thing, especially for an OFFline license.
      good luck!!

Comment

I would say that Hinstall is an application for the hasp.
        Custprog should show the rights of the licence.
        Here an old doc :
        ftp://ftp.wilcoxassoc.com/docs/OlderDocumentation/v23/

Comment