Installing New Probe Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing New Probe Head

I recived a replacement probe head for my machine today and I have a question when it comes to installation. It is a TesaStar-I and it is going on a Global Classic 7.10.7.

There is a circular shaft on the top of the probe which just slides into the "Z" arm of the machine and it is locked by simply tightening one screw. The only problem I am running into is trying to align the probe. There isn't any guide lines or notches to align the head, so how do I know I'm installing it correctly?
    sigpic
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

Personally , I'm using a star-tip config to align the head.

HTH
    sigpic
    Either seem as you are or be as you seem.M.J.Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by Saliha View Post
      Personally , I'm using a star-tip config to align the head.

HTH
      Can you go into more detail how you do that?
      sigpic

Comment

New Probe Head

Take the longest extension you have and at A90,B0 locate a small tip
        on a fixedpoint, ( I've seen a B&S TECH use a pencil stuck in one of the tiedown screw holes for this ) then rotate your probe to A90,B180 and
        w/out moving your X axis, see if your tip is on the same pencil tip point.
        If not rotate your head and try again. Some people actually use an indicator
        fixed to the table and run the y axis up and down, but according to several
        B&S TECHS this is overkill.
        GLOBAL FX 12-15-10
        3.7MR3, XP/SP2
        EXCEL 12-20-10, 9-12-9, 7-10-7

Comment

Originally posted by BOB PARSONS View Post
          Take the longest extension you have and at A90,B0 locate a small tip
          on a fixedpoint, ( I've seen a B&S TECH use a pencil stuck in one of the tiedown screw holes for this ) then rotate your probe to A90,B180 and
          w/out moving your X axis, see if your tip is on the same pencil tip point.
          If not rotate your head and try again. Some people actually use an indicator
          fixed to the table and run the y axis up and down, but according to several
          B&S TECHS this is overkill.
          Thanks...

Another question to throw out there. I have aligned my new probe head and now I'm calibrating all of my angles and tips. Ever time I change the probe head angle to A90,B0 I get the following error

"Error 170: Probe won't rearm. To Retry, Click Stop then Continue on teh Execution Mode"

Any thoughts to what this could be???
          sigpic

Comment

Here is how I do it, just like Bob does there is a pdf with pics showing how I do it. It has been sufficient for me.

In regards to your error 170 what is you build? Do you get that no matter what size styli you use?
            <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment