Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portlock out dated

v3.5 Dea gamma, win XP
    All of a sudden I get an error that portlock is missing or outdated.
    Hexigon says prtlock is out dated. Been waiting for rep to call back they probably want money. My contract ran out in 2004.
    Any work around?

My condolances.
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
      My condolances.
      I needed a laugh today.
      thanks

Comment

do you have a SMA ?????

Happened to me once & had to replace it
        sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Randy.

If you cannot use the software, then something is very wrong ! You should not have to spend money on an SMA to keep running your current version.

Try everything else first, before handing over a cheque.

Re-unstall ect.

If something has gone corrupt within the key, then yes, you are SOL.
          Jim Jewell

Comment

Jim,

He shouldn't have to pay for an SMA just to get a portlock for his current version, should he?

John
            When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John Kingston View Post
              Jim,

He shouldn't have to pay for an SMA just to get a portlock for his current version, should he?

John
              If I remember right, someone else had a portlock go bad and they had to pay something line $150 or $250 to get a replacement.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by AndersI
              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                If I remember right, someone else had a portlock go bad and they had to pay something line $150 or $250 to get a replacement.
                That was me, but i had a current SMA, but like others said they should replace it....hopefully

Comment

I believe that was Doberman. His portlock went south and they tried to nail him for an SMA too, when all he needed was a replacement portlock. That thread exploded when a ******** with the initials B.G. stepped into the fray. . . After I got a ways into the famous poem about the dead albatros around the sailor's neck, they locked the thread. . . sigh.
                  sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
                    I believe that was Doberman. His portlock went south and they tried to nail him for an SMA too, when all he needed was a replacement portlock. That thread exploded when a ******** with the initials B.G. stepped into the fray. . . After I got a ways into the famous poem about the dead albatros around the sailor's neck, they locked the thread. . . sigh.

That was a good rant by everybody. The guy from hexagon should of stayed out of it, but he did make it fun........

Comment

ya

I remember that thread.

Comment

anyone know what file it writes to when programming the portlock?

Comment

Not sure it writes too a file. I think it just looks for the portlock to read the numbers..........Good question

Comment

how it happened

this happen while rebooting I think I had run a 30 pc cap study and thought I would reboot before starting the next. Toward the end of the startup a box appeared that said somthing like net framework is shutting down (or somthing simular) and the bootup ended. I thought that was kind of wierd maybe some spyware or something? But when I tried to start dmis it gave me the error. Just curious if that was the culprit.

Comment

Was that the .Net framework that took a dump on you by any chance?
                              <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment