Non-Diametric true postions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Diametric true postions??

How can you config the True position read- outs to show a non-diametric true postion?

Non- diametric true positions are basically a linear position that gets MMC. The position calculation is not figuring the results of the check correctly it is doubling the Dev. results and comparing it to the TP and Bonus together.

It should just take the DEV dimension and compare it to the (TPand MMC divided by two).

Any sugestions?
    Chris Crites
    Kwikset Corp.
    Denison, TX

just pick one axis of location....say X only
    Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
    sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
    Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

the calculation is correct in doubling the deviation + mmc. ex: if your dev. in x is .002 the resultant tp will read .004. kind of like if you place a dial indicator on an offset shaft, if the offset is .002 the t.i.r. / f.i.m will read .004. hth
      sigpic
      Southern Man don't need him around anyhow!

Comment

I think that's the issue I don't want it to double the deviation . Non-diametric TP compares the Deviation from nominal to the TP callout that is divided by two.
        TP ,002 -A- -B- you would take the .002 and use it as +-.001 because it is a non-diametric TP. you then have to take the DEV from nominal and compare it to the +- .001. PC-DMIS does not do this calculation.

Thanks for your response.
        Chris Crites
        Kwikset Corp.
        Denison, TX

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Crites View Post
          I think that's the issue I don't want it to double the deviation . Non-diametric TP compares the Deviation from nominal to the TP callout that is divided by two.
          TP ,002 -A- -B- you would take the .002 and use it as +-.001 because it is a non-diametric TP. you then have to take the DEV from nominal and compare it to the +- .001. PC-DMIS does not do this calculation.

Thanks for your response.
          You can toggle TP to show as a radius value instead of the diameter value. So, it will display the way you are trying to get it to.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
            You can toggle TP to show as a radius value instead of the diameter value. So, it will display the way you are trying to get it to.
            I didnt' know that. How do you do that? I don't see it in the TP window.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
              I didnt' know that. How do you do that? I don't see it in the TP window.
              Geez, I aught to start charging....

It is in the TP dimension window, a little box to makr dor 'darius'. I think you can also toggle it in the dimension itself. It is right under DEV PERP to CENTERLINE. And, it is at the FAR RIGHT side of the dimension header, DISPLAY=DIAMETER.

V3.7 MR3
              sigpic
              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Geez, I aught to start charging....
                Start? What about all those checks I've been sending you? You mean the rest of these guys have been getting it for free?!

It is in the TP dimension window, a little box to makr dor 'darius'. I think you can also toggle it in the dimension itself. It is right under DEV PERP to CENTERLINE. And, it is at the FAR RIGHT side of the dimension header, DISPLAY=DIAMETER.

V3.7 MR3
                Thanks Matt. I don't know how I missed that.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                  Start? What about all those checks I've been sending you? You mean the rest of these guys have been getting it for free?!

Thanks Matt. I don't know how I missed that.
                  Not sure when they added it, It might have been a V3.7 addition.
                  sigpic

Comment

What's the difference between taking the deviation, doubling it, and comparing it to the total tolerance - versus taking the deviation alone and comparing it to the total tolerance divided by two? Isn't the position dimension supposed to be reporting out a tolerance zone created by the actual measured value which is compared to the one in the callout?

Comment