Probe balance error like ive never seen before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe balance error like ive never seen before

The rundown on this goes as such. Yesterday and today our machines were calibrated, none of it happened when I was here so im not even sure who did it to ask questions to.

Had to run a part and went to calibrate the tip as it had all just been calibrated I am assuming, and the results came back as the dia was exceeding the parameters. Decided to try a different tip and see if it was an issue with the tip or not. Went to switch it off the rack with a TP20 based tip and it completely missed the rack and had a slow crash into the rack with the tip so it shouldnt have damaged anything. Moved it away from the rack and manually swapped the tips to bypass it as clearly something was not right. Put the other tip on and it refused to balance and when it moves it immediately throws a probe deflection.

Im at a complete loss as to what might be the issue. I put in a ticket and called the hotline, but was sent to someones voicemail. We have one functional CMM but it is our old one and it is used heavily by machinists on some more basic parts we have programs for, so it is creating a bottleneck.

Any help is appreciated, I am about at the point of ripping my hair out trying to figure out what the issue is.

running DMIS2014 presently on that CMM if that matters.

Who calibrated the machines? What type of calibration was performed? What probing system are you using, TP20 with a Renishaw head for all? What are your machine parameters? Too many unknowns to try and nail anything down.
    153010 Global Advantage w/ LSPX1H_T Analog Probe
    7107 Global Classic TP20
    2019R1 SP1 CAD++

Comment

• zbailey
      zbailey commented
      Editing a comment
      No idea who calibrated it, that was done when I wasnt here any I cant seem to find out if it was an internal check done or what. there was a ladder bar and other calibration devices sitting in the CMM room yesterday so I am assuming it was done as the calibration sphere was removed today when I came in. As for the tips most are sp25->sm25->sh25->then tip, then the TP20 tip uses a sp25->tm25->tp20. It wont balance for any of them though, and when it does decide to move it moves about an inch and faults out saying there was a probe deflection. It wont even home because of it, so the CMM is completely down. It doesnt make any sense to me why it worked fine yesterday and not today. There is no visible damage to the PH10 so im not sure whats up.

• RIDER
      RIDER commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you shut everything down and restarted?
      Used the putty to clean all connections?
      Reset the jogbox?

• zbailey
      zbailey commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I have done all those things also. Should have specified that also.

I haven't used a PH10 in many moons. I would remove everything except the PH10 and reboot to see if it will home. Do you have a setup on another machine that you know is working? Can you swap?

Have you checked the crash reports from previous days?
    153010 Global Advantage w/ LSPX1H_T Analog Probe
    7107 Global Classic TP20
    2019R1 SP1 CAD++

Comment

• RIDER
      RIDER commented
      Editing a comment
      Will it home with just the PH10 on there?
      Have you tried creating a brand new probe build in case yours somehow got corrupted?
      Have you swapped PH10 units?

• zbailey
      zbailey commented
      Editing a comment
      I havent tried homing with just the PH10, i will give that a try. I can try to create a new probe but with it doing this across multiple probes I would be very surprised if it was corruption. Have not tried swapping PH10 as that would require a complete recalibration as per company policy. So that is a very very last ditch thing as if I remove the one it will put all of our available CMMs down until recalibration can be done.

• zbailey
      zbailey commented
      Editing a comment
      Tried homing with the PH10 and it wouldnt do anything. Came up with a voltage error, which is another new one for me.

I had this problem when our machines were calibrated. I have 4 machines, the problem happened on 2 of them. As if the Y axis was just a bit off or something like that. I changed all my probe cal parameters (start,end angles, clearances,etc) and it worked. I re calibrated the probe rack also. I did not have a problem with my programs for some reason but only with calibration.

Comment

Originally posted by Disal View Post
      I had this problem when our machines were calibrated. I have 4 machines, the problem happened on 2 of them. As if the Y axis was just a bit off or something like that. I changed all my probe cal parameters (start,end angles, clearances,etc) and it worked. I re calibrated the probe rack also. I did not have a problem with my programs for some reason but only with calibration.
      I'm not sure if this was the solution but has been working for me. I repeat-i had no problems with part programs, just the tip calibration. Most of the tips were shanking on the cal sphere during calibration

Comment