Animated Probe changer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animated Probe changer

Has anyone ever tried to add the animated Probe changer before running crash or collision detection.My machine recognizes it has a probe rack and lets me select it and then apply the calibration results from picking it up so it now knows the location but when I hit apply it says unsupported tool changer type..
    I have a lspx1h and the rack has been calibrated and working fine for years. Just thought I would see if it works when you run collision detection
    Michael A Wildschutz Sr
    I Walk on The WildSide
    "To Each is Own"

If a model is available for the tool changer, only a small set are available.. The collision detection system will recognize it when displayed. If this is something you want to try. You can reach out to me directly. [email protected]

Comment

It detects what probe I have on my offline seat and wont let me apply anything maybe because it cant be calibrated but then I inputted some numbers and it still would not work and on our Global cmm with a LSPX1H and a calibrated probe rack so when I try to add the animated probe rack it sees it and I select to grab the calibration data for location and that works but when I hit apply it says unsupported. How do we know which probe rack models are available.I thought this was a common type of head.Is there a model for PH10m
      Last edited by michaelwildschutz; 10-09-2020, 07:35 AM.
      Michael A Wildschutz Sr
      I Walk on The WildSide
      "To Each is Own"

Comment

In the pcdmis install directory is the file pobechanger,dat It contains what we have and it is a small set.

Comment

Tried going down this rabbit hole once about 2 years ago. I ended up creating a subroutine to mimic the probe change and it only runs offline. It's a nice to have but something you can live without. I have a very critical setup that runs fully unattended 24/7 and getting in to proof a program is limited. I don't use the subroutine as my brain learned to 'stay' away from certain areas and/or apply moves before/after tip changes.

Built custom models and tried importing them but that didn't work. I did end up with some some b_i_t_c_h_i_n models though and I managed to use detailed CAD models for the lspx pucks, makes for better offline experience.
          Last edited by Kp61dude!; 10-12-2020, 10:08 AM.
          PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
          Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment