Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspection Planner?

Anyone used this?

Is this a practical program? If so are we out of a job?
    Robert Horne
    Va.

Originally posted by robehor4 View Post
    Anyone used this?

Is this a practical program? If so are we out of a job?
    Yep, clear your desk now!

It's like deja vu all over again. And again. And again. . . .

Do you really think it could be that easy? Let's see, the engineers who do not seem to be able to properly apply GD&T to their own designs are now going to use the CAD model to write the CMM program and then some monkey will just load the part and push the button and a beautiful report will result.

Can I interest you in some prime real estate?
    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Cool I can go back to sleep now.
      Robert Horne
      Va.

Comment

Resolved......hijack away
        sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post

Do you really think it could be that easy? Let's see, the engineers who do not seem to be able to properly apply GD&T to their own designs are now going to use the CAD model to write the CMM program and then some monkey will just load the part and push the button and a beautiful report will result.

I've seen it used. WWS
          GLOBAL FX 12-15-10
          3.7MR3, XP/SP2
          EXCEL 12-20-10, 9-12-9, 7-10-7

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post

Where? I need a place to park my camper and hide. Is it secluded? Can I get wireless internet? Is there a good brewery nearby? Will you guys all come visit me? Will you keep the men in white coats from taking me away again?
            When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
            sigpic

Comment

Pack your stuff, your job has been osoleted by engineers. Tell me you didn't see that coming.
              <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

You can't be talking about the guys that walk in here every so often and ask me what that profile of a surface symbol really means, you know the guys that I've explained TRUE POSITION to 10 or 15 times.. You can't be talking about those guys can you?

Bill

Comment

I believe we call them engineers.
                  sigpic

Was
                  Pc-dmis 3.5 MR1 B & S 2009 MR1

Now
                  2010 MR3

Comment

Ahh yeah thats right, Train drivers....

Comment

Originally posted by Bill McCafferty View Post
                      You can't be talking about the guys that walk in here every so often and ask me what that profile of a surface symbol really means, you know the guys that I've explained TRUE POSITION to 10 or 15 times.. You can't be talking about those guys can you?

Bill
                      Yes, they are your replacements. All of that training you have given them is paying off.
                      <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

I believe that you folks meant to say "Un-trained drivers".

Why else would they continually come in to see us and ask the same questions over and over and over...................

It is truly amazing how intelligent some of them think that they are.
                        All I need to do is to look at some of my prints, with the totally ridiculous call-outs.
                        This alone assures me of the need for individuals such as ourselves.

Kudos, to all of us out here in the metrology world. I honestly believe that we do need to do the proverbial "pat on the back" to ourselves, once in a while.

So...............take a moment and pat yourselves on the back, you deserve it !!

I thank you all for partaking in assisting others on this forum.
                        This is about the only place we can turn to for "comrade-ship", information, tension release, and most importantly, a good laugh once in a while.

God Bless,
                        ZydecoPete
                        sigpic

Comment