Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.1 pointdata output for Excel

Hi there,

We just found out that our supplier is out of order.
    I am looking for the possibility to get a output format for my measured features so i can put them into an Excel sheet were I can make a error plot of all the points of a specific feature scan.
    We were able to do that in v 3.6 but now you have a fixed output format (report) which i can not make a format from for excel or even Word or Notepad.

Anyone a suggestion?

Regards and a nice weekend

Hans

Hi,

Time ago I made a small script used to automatically output scandata to CSV file (easily to load into Excel). You can download it from http://ams3d.astrei.com, section Download, see into SmallUtilities the zip named ScanToCSV. This script just transfers scanned data to a text file.

Another solution could be the usage of CurveAnalyzer program , that can be downloaded from the same site. This is a commercial program for 2D evaluations, but you do not need any license, if ypu use it just for:
    - reading data from PC-DMIS to CurveAnalyzer
    - exporting data from CurveAnalyzer to CSV file
    CurveAnalyzer can do a lot of other things of course...

I have aslo developed some other free programs for automatic Excel report creation (exporting dimensions!), so if you are interested, you can take a look at FreeReport (the older one) or FlexReport (the newer one, but for the moment the interface is only italian). Exporting dimensions in a single file (one-row-by-measurement) is also possible with ExportQS (creates also DFX-DFD files used by QS-STAT program).

Comment

Hi,

If you are using v4.1, there is a wizard (wizard toolbar must be visible) to export to excel....

"PCD2Excel Wizard – This wizard exports your PC-DMIS part program data into a Microsoft Excel file of your choice. To configure the wizard's options, click Configure. Most of the configuration options in the resulting dialog box are self explanatory......

Comment

Hi,
        I agree, PCD2Excel could be a solution if you need this once, and probably is the easiest way. But definitely not good if:
        - you do not have Excel on your PC (and this happens...) or you have Excel97 (at least the PCD2Excel I have tried was working only for higher versions - I guess it is linked at compile time to a higher version library)
        - you need to automate this, avoiding any manual action

Comment

But how can you append the file you just created to add more measurement results?
          Just keep thinking to yourself; "It's only a cartoon, It's only a cartoon"

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander View Post
            Hi,
            I agree, PCD2Excel could be a solution if you need this once, and probably is the easiest way. But definitely not good if:
            - you do not have Excel on your PC (and this happens...) or you have Excel97 (at least the PCD2Excel I have tried was working only for higher versions - I guess it is linked at compile time to a higher version library)
            - you need to automate this, avoiding any manual action
            That's true..I don't have excel on the CMM pc.

Hey Hans,
            Another option is creating text files using datapege and dumping into excel.
            sigpicIt's corona time!
            737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

Comment

Wilcox Associates has a script for exporting to Excel that will append. At least it did for me when I used it the other day. You'll need to register to download it, but both are free.
              http://www.wilcoxassoc.com/Usersarea/usersarea.htm

Comment

Originally posted by marks View Post
                Wilcox Associates has a script for exporting to Excel that will append. At least it did for me when I used it the other day. You'll need to register to download it, but both are free.
                http://www.wilcoxassoc.com/Usersarea/usersarea.htm
                What happend to the link? Does this script still exist? Has anyone used it successfully?

Comment