• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-DMIS 2020R2 report style

When I open report in 2019R2 it looks like this:

2019R2.png

But when I open report in 2020R2 it looks like this:

2020R2.png

How can I change it to old style which is more readable?

It looks like something is wrong with the graphic on the labels. Can you try replacing the contents of your reporting folder (usually "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Hexagon\PC-DMIS\2020 R2\Reporting") with the contents of the backup folder ("C:\Program Files\Hexagon\PC-DMIS 2020 R2 64-bit\DefaultReportingTemplateBackup").
    Neil Challinor
    PC-DMIS Product Owner

T: +44 870 446 2667 (Hexagon UK office)
    E: [email protected]

Comment

• rtomsu
      rtomsu commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your comment. I did what you wrote but it is still the same. I didn't change anything after installation but this happened.

neil.challinor

We noticed the same problem here, replacing it with the backup folder didn't fix it.
    Another problem we have is that the page count is not where we set it in the textonly template. reporting.pngtextonly.png
    Attached Files

Comment

• ctw00
      ctw00 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a few reports where 3 lines of text make it onto the second page and the program takes a bit longer as we are checking 32-80 parts and printing a report for each. I didn't think about moving the page number down until this post. This is going to save me quite a lot of printing time. Thank you!

• JacobCheverie
      JacobCheverie commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm on the same page as ctw00, this trick will be quite the paper saver for some of our parts. Thanks.

Aaron Baldauf & rtomsu , I'm not sure exactly what is at play here so I'll discuss things with the developer who worked on our new reporting templates. He's based in the US so he won't be available until this afternoon due to the different time zones but I'll try to get some suggestions as soon as I can.

One thing that might help us to pin down what's going wrong - are you using the standard report templates and labels or have you modified them in any way?
    Neil Challinor
    PC-DMIS Product Owner

Comment

• rtomsu
      rtomsu commented
      Editing a comment
      I use standard templates. I didn't modify anything.

neil.challinor

Thank you for looking into this.

We modified the following templates:

FILEHEADER.LBL -> to get our standard company head
    TEXTONLY.RTP -> to get the pagecounter further down (we did this before and it used to work)

No other templates got modified.

Comment

Aaron Baldauf & rtomsu

I talked to the developer and the reason for the small graphic is the lack of other fields being displayed. We changed the reporting approach for the geometric tolerance command based on customer feedback so that instead of having separate labels for the TP result and the summary (axes that relate to the TP), we consolidated the two into a single label to make the report easier to follow and condense the information - much like how legacy TP is displayed. Unfortunately this means that if you choose to only display the TP value and not report any of the axes that relate to it, you see what you are seeing. This is because the graphic re-sizes itself based on the number of lines being displayed in the label. It wasn't a problem in Xact because the Xact label was a fixed size and only ever showed just the TP. For now, the work around would be to include the axes in the report. These can be selected on the nominals tab of the geometric tolerance command.

We are working on a fix for this problem but it will require a change to the way labels behave in general and will probably require input from our reporting team so it will not make it into service pack 1. I have logged it as requiring attention and will post an update once I know when the fix will be available.
      Neil Challinor
      PC-DMIS Product Owner

Comment

All,

The resizing of the graphic is working as designed but the design needs to be changed. We are aware of this limitation (no workaround) and will change it to behave the same as the XactMeasure graphic (we will probably add a blank line above and below for the case when no axis is selected).
        Rob Jensen
        Product Owner - GD&T
        Metrology Software, Inc. - Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence

Comment

Rob Jensen & neil.challinor

Thank you two for the response regarding the small graphic.

Any ideas as to why the pagecounter doesn't behave like it should?

Comment

• neil.challinor
            neil.challinor commented
            Editing a comment
            If you made the pagecounter modification in an older version then you may need to do it again for the 2020 R2 report template.

neil.challinor

This worked. Thank you!

Comment