setting up 4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting up 4.2

I must have done something wrong on the install although I think I followed Matts instructions correctly. The install seemed to go fine but i want to be able to use 3.7mr3 on the programs written there. I can't get the search paths for part files, and probe files in 3.7mr3 and 4.2 to be different. If I change the paths in 4.2 it also changes the paths in 3.7. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help.
    Danny
    Sheffield Cordax RS-150
    SMP-350
    PCDMIS 3.7mr3

Nothing, that is just the way it is, there is ONLY one registry entry for Pcdmis and all versions will use that, so when you switch, you will ahve to change them with each switch.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Ok
      Thanks a lot. I didn't think I did it wrong but wasn't sure. Would be nice to be able to have seperate search paths though.
      Sheffield Cordax RS-150
      SMP-350
      PCDMIS 3.7mr3

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
        Nothing, that is just the way it is, there is ONLY one registry entry for Pcdmis and all versions will use that, so when you switch, you will ahve to change them with each switch.
        I have noticed that PCDMIS has registry entries under both machine and current_user. What are the user registry entries for?
        Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
          I have noticed that PCDMIS has registry entries under both machine and current_user. What are the user registry entries for?

That falls under the "enhancement" category: "random confusing nonsense"

OK, I have no idea, but I could not pass up the opportunity. . .
          sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment