How Do I Remove A Point From an Auto Plane Without the Spacing Being Recalculated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Remove A Point From an Auto Plane Without the Spacing Being Recalculated?

I am trying to create an auto plane, but need to remove a point without the feature recalculating even spacing. I want the points in exactly the same locations, minus the one point I am trying to remove. Is this even possible? It's difficult to explain, but I tried creating this feature using points and constructing a plane that way. The problem is that I need to use the circular moves toggle to move around the part. This isn't an option using points and to use that feature by creating an auto plane, when I remove the point where the clamp is interfering, my points are recalculated and move to the wrong locations. I hope this is clear enough to understand. Any ideas? Thanks.

In the Edit Window highlight and delete the hit you do not want.

Comment

You could also create a feature set with the hits that you want, and then create a constructed plane (or create directly the constructed plane from hits).

Comment

Create a new auto plane (this won't work with an existing one), get all of your settings how you want them, select the 'to points' toggle button (Bottom Right most toggle button in the Measurement Properties), and then click the create button. It will create a point at each of the points in the auto feature, and make a plane from those. Then you just need to select the point you don't want it to use, and delete that.

Comment

This worked offline (switched from 4 to 3):

Code:
          PLN7 =FEAT/CONTACT/PLANE/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN,OUTLINE,LEAST_SQR
          THEO/<-4.2654,6.2506,0>,<0,0,1>
          ACTL/<-4.2654,6.2506,0>,<0,0,1>
          TARG/<-4.2654,6.2506,0>,<0,0,1>
          ANGLE VEC=<1,0,0>,RADIAL
          SHOW FEATURE PARAMETERS=NO
          SHOW CONTACT PARAMETERS=YES
          NUMHITS=3,NUMRINGS=1
          SPACER=0.75
          AVOIDANCE MOVE=BOTH,DISTANCE=0.3937
          SHOW HITS=YES
          HIT/BASIC,<-3.5154,6.2506,0>,<0,0,1>,<-3.5154,6.2506,0>
          HIT/BASIC,<-4.2654,7.0006,0>,<0,0,1>,<-4.2654,7.0006,0>
          HIT/BASIC,<-4.2654,5.5006,0>,<0,0,1>,<-4.2654,5.5006,0>
          ENDMEAS/
          SHOW CONTACT PARAMETERS=YES
          SHOW HITS=YES

Delete the point you want deleted then change NUMHITS to the correct number (minus 1 if you deleted 1 hit)

when you do this it will prompt you to re-generate hits, answer NO the window will close and you'll be done
          Jesse Krook

Comment

something...

(In v2011, anyway)
            There's a context menu (right click) option to delete a hit in an Auto Circle.
            I don't use Auto Plane so I don't know if it's the same.

Edit the Auto feature.
            Right click on the hit in the graphic window and select Delete.
            One screenshot is worth a thousand Need more info
            Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity...

Comment