Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea of manual and DCC alignment

Hi..

For the cmm measurement to be accurate do we have to place the part exactly same position while the manual alignment is done..
    If so what is the purpose of DCC Datum alignment

Also when Planes hits are taken in DCC mode and then used these planes for alignment why we get different reading for same part...Is it because the same part was not placed exact position the second time? Can anyone help me please..

When you have a alignment that doesn’t repeat means there’s something wrong with the alignment. You should be able to put the part anywhere on the machine and should get the same results.
    Darroll
    2018R2

Comment

In broad terms, if you want to limit yourself to a DCC alignment you have to put the part in the same place every time. If you want the flexibility to put the part anywhere, you also need a manual alignment before the DCC alignment. You should never rely on the manual alignment alone unless your tolerances are huge. The DCC hits (for the DCC alignment) will always be more consistent in speed, vector approach, and location which in the end makes it a better alignment for holding tighter tolerances in the measurement process.

Comment

manual alignment is basically a rough alignment to tell the computer where the part is , dcc alignment should have much better vector approach as stated above.
        hence removing human error and cosine error.
        in your spare time compare I,J,K values of manual point vs. DCC, also each operator will have a different technique .

Comment

Originally posted by vraju2334 View Post
          Hi..

For the cmm measurement to be accurate do we have to place the part exactly same position while the manual alignment is done.. I don't understand what you mean by this question. Can you please re-phrase?
          If so what is the purpose of DCC Datum alignment When you are using a CMM to measure a part, there are NUMEROUS approaches you can take. Regardless of how you write your code, all programs require some sort of way to "locate the part" for the machine. Manual alignments are the most basic form of doing this. More advanced options exist like read point alignments, iterative alignments, and external alignments. The point of a DCC alignment is to allow the machine to do probe the alignment points in CNC mode. This will allow the software to touch the part at the correct move and touch speeds and remove any operator cosine error from your probing approach.

Also when Planes hits are taken in DCC mode and then used these planes for alignment why we get different reading for same part...Is it because the same part was not placed exact position the second time? Can anyone help me please..
          Hits taken by the machine will be different than hits taken by an operator that manually probed them because the sofftware makes the CMM touch the part at the correct move and touch speeds and removes any operator cosine error from your probing approach.
          SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

• vraju2334
            vraju2334 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you..I ll try readpoint alignment.

• Darrollh
            Darrollh commented
            Editing a comment
            Don’t do a read point alignment until you understand a 3-2-1 alignment. I suggest you get with your manager and take some classes. That would get you going in the right direction.

Posting some code especially of your alignments is going to yield the best help results for you. You have alignment issues and really the only way we can precisely help is to see your programming code.
          Jesse Krook

Comment