Analysis view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analysis view

I have a question about the analysis view. I've been trying to set up a view of a cylinder that consists of three circles. I can go in and rotate the view so that I can view all three circles at once and get an idea of where they are out of spec. But when the report gets printed the only view I get is from the top down - just looking down on the top circle and the others are obscured.

Is there any way to retain the 3-D rotation in the printed report?

Guy

Have you tried saving the view? Not sure if that'll do it but might be worth a try.
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Use "Graphical" check-box in "analysis" dialog window.

Then play on the Graphical Window
      -hide features that you do not need in the report.
      -rotate the screen as you wish
      -use "create views" command and save the screen - give a name starting with the letters
      -recall it from the "views" list.-yes
      -then print your graphic window

- if you are using 3.7* or older versions , use "screen capture to report" command.

That is what I'm using for 3D analysis'.

HTH
      Saliha
      sigpic
      Either seem as you are or be as you seem.M.J.Rumi

Comment

Click on the hotlink and see if this helps.
        CLICK HERE
        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Thank you, Saliha - will give that a try. I was missing a few steps.

Guy

Comment

Wow - thanks, James. Did you just throw that video together? If so, you are a sick, sick man... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by PlasmaGuy View Post
              Wow - thanks, James. Did you just throw that video together? If so, you are a sick, sick man... :-)
              It's easy peasy lemon squeezy. Movie fellas?
              sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Still struggling with this this...subsequent runs of the same program will rotate back to the wrong (default) view.

I was just looking around in the menus. Are these the commands I want?

Insert > Report command > Create viewset
                Insert > Report command > Recall viewset

(I've actually had very little time with PC-DMIS. The engineer I work with is doing the programming - he just comes to me when he has something he can't resolve. Typical helpless PhD... :-))
                Last edited by PlasmaGuy; 05-11-2007, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PlasmaGuy View Post
                  Still struggling with this this...

Are these the commands I want?

Insert > Report command > Create viewset
                  Insert > Report command > Recall viewset

(I've actually had very little time with PC-DMIS. The engineer I work with is doing the programming - he just comes to me when he has something he can't resolve. Typical PhD... :-))
                  yES
                  sigpic
                  Either seem as you are or be as you seem.M.J.Rumi

Comment

Do you want an analysis view like I showed you? Or do want something like what Saliha showed you?

If you want what Saliha showed you then you do need to use the viewsets. Here is how I do my viewsets. Get your graphic window/CAD model set up as you want it to be seen. Go to INSERT>REPORT>DIMENSION INFO, choose the format stuff you would like(at this point, if you hit "default" all Dimension Info boxes will look like what you have just checked off from now on(not older ones though)) Then go to EDIT>GRAPHICS DISPLAY WINDOW>FEATURE APPEARANCE, turn off all labels for everything. Now, turn on labels for what you want showing. At this point if you double click the label in the graphics window it will automatically create a Dimension Info box for you. Once you have all things set up as you would like them go to CREATE VIEWS icon on toolbar, give it a name, recall the viewset, now I know it sounds wierd, but hit the SAVE VIEWS iconnext to the CREATE VIEWS icon. Now, go to INSERT>REPORT COMMAND>SCREEN CAPTURE and you should be done.
                    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment