Weird Error Messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Error Messages

Two weeks ago, we got a strange error message from one of our CMM's: "Attempted to access an unnamed file past its end".

The problem is that the error came when calibrating exiting probe files. We found through the hexagon help data that it is regarding a corruption of the file, so we tried deleting the probe build, and rebuilding the probe. Same Error message. So, we tried deleting the probe file, and rebuilding the probe from scratch. Same error message. We also tried building a different probe all together, with a different name, and got the same error message again. We have done all of these things through every user name account on the machine, including mine, which is listed for full access and admin rights, with the same results.

Moreover, if you close the probe utilities dialog box, and leave the probe as uncalibrated, it throws the probe data above the header data for the program

We have reached out to Hexagon, and received no response whatsoever, so we are stumped, and our machine is laying dormant. Any help you guys could give would very helpful.

Hmm, odd one.

Could you check a few things and report back.

1) Check where the default probe and program locations are. With a program open go to Edit>Preferences>Set Search Path - then in the drop down list make a note of where the probe files are stored and where the programs (or measurement routines) are located

2) In Windows explore navigate to those locations and see if you can create a .txt file there (right click, then New > Text Document)

3) When you're attempting to calibrating the probe, when do you get the error? Is it at the end? If so go to the probe directory and check the modified date/time on the .prb and the .results file. (Perhaps the issue is simply with it generating the results file (although I suspect not as if it's a new probe file there shouldn't be one already existing).

Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

• Scott D. Haselden
      Scott D. Haselden commented
      Editing a comment
      1) They are on the C: drive under PC_DMIS\2019R2
      2) I was able to create a new .txt file in that location
      3) the error message is popping up right after I hit the "measure" button in the probe utilities dialog box. DMIS is not even opening the pop-up box asking if the sphere is in the same place or if I need to manually take a hit.

An applications Engineer from Hexagon Huntersville did respond, telling me to try creating a temporary file to create the probes in, try recreating the probes in that file, and setting the search path for the probes to that file. Then running the cal after that. It did the same thing as before.

Scott D. Haselden Can you provide me with a ticket number so I can look into this? Please direct message me.
    Systems Integrator
    Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence

Comment

*Only* during calibration?

Can you run programs without the error message popping up?
      PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

• Scott D. Haselden
        Scott D. Haselden commented
        Editing a comment
        No, because the probes are not calibrated.

• vpt.se
        vpt.se commented
        Editing a comment
        Tried offline?

Thanks to everyone who helped out with this. After a call with support, we were able to rebuild the qualification tool in the system, and get the machine running again.

Comment

Thanks for reporting back with the solution!
        PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment