How to change the start point of a radial auto plane.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change the start point of a radial auto plane.

Hello friends,

It always wants to start at 12 o'clock. What if I wanted it to start at 1 or 3 or any other number? How do I change that in an auto plane? Thank you all.

You can change the angle (red in upper right hand corner next to IJK)

or

Highlight it, grab it and move it. Then you have to manually move all points
    Jesse Krook

Comment

The start angle is controlled by changing the values in the Angle I,J,K box.

These values are the cosine of the vector line direction that defines the start angle you want.

The direction of the vector line comes from the centre of the feature not the alignment but is relative to the
      X,Y,Z Axis.

See sketch attached as a picture explains better.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Josh Seiden
        Josh Seiden commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you very much!

Originally posted by UKCMM View Post
      The start angle is controlled by changing the values in the Angle I,J,K box.

These values are the cosine of the vector line direction that defines the start angle you want.

The direction of the vector line comes from the centre of the feature not the alignment but is relative to the
      X,Y,Z Axis.

See sketch attached as a picture explains better.
      ^^^^

This is what I do for changing the start n stop locations of a radial plane
      Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
      Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

You can create a temp alignment and rotate your trihedron to the angle you want, create your plane, and then delete the alignment and say "NO" when it asks if you want to update features to the new (your previous) alignment.
        Che Guevara is a communist scumbag.

Comment