Best way you have found to pull data from PCDMIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way you have found to pull data from PCDMIS

Aside from using SPC software like QDAS. What are some ways you use to pull data from PCDMIS?

Currently I use assignments & write them to a CSV file. Then I created a power query in excel that pulls data from the CSV automatically so the CSV never gets disturbed. Anyone has access to the saved power query reports. The power query has Formatting to show red if the feature is out of TOL "including calculating bonus for TP features".

This allows us to not have 1000s of saved PDFs or printed reports and the data for that part is all in one place. Where we can use the data to determine capability or go back in time to see if we have had issues.
    Attached Files

use the excel functions and save as csv. same I have a widget that IT created for me that reads the csv and can create a report window and graphs if needed. Or I use other means but with gloves and carefully in case I run into bugs....
    sigpicTAU ALPHA PI INDIANA DELTA CHAPTER
    "Due to the highly confidential nature of my job, I am not allowed to know what I am doing" - author unknown

Comment

I also use Power Query in Excel. I don't pull values and write to a CSV though, I just use the Excel Output function on the Report Window Print Setup within PC-DMIS and save each report as its own Excel file. I have a master Excel document that searches a specified directory for reports, and pulls data from the Excel reports based on dimension names only, cell location has no effect on it. So if I add/ remove dimensions to the report, or rearrange the order of the dimensions, the Excel still grabs the correct data. I have it set up to display graphs to track dimensions and to display XY plots for true positions. The only downside to it is if there is a whole bunch of data, it will take Excel a few minutes to process it all...

Comment

• vpt.se
        vpt.se commented
        Editing a comment
        X/Y plots for TP sounds sexy, care to share?

• Matthew D. Hoedeman
        Matthew D. Hoedeman commented
        Editing a comment
        Per the X/Y plot, there are some interesting things on the webz about making a round target plot for this sort of thing, but it gets complicated. HOWEVER a simple XY SCATTER chart in Excel will do it, but you are limited to TWO axis in the plot, so no tolerance limits, just a symbol (your choice) where the X&Y are. I set mine up to use deviation not actual so that the symbols are around the zero axis of the chart. This XY chart sits next to a standard run chart.

• Mike Ruff
        Mike Ruff commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been meaning to share it on here for a while now. I created it for an ITAR part and my template is still loosely based on this part. I need to remove some dimensions and clean up a few other things and I will upload it on here

Originally posted by Mike Ruff View Post
      I also use Power Query in Excel. I don't pull values and write to a CSV though, I just use the Excel Output function on the Report Window Print Setup within PC-DMIS and save each report as its own Excel file. I have a master Excel document that searches a specified directory for reports, and pulls data from the Excel reports based on dimension names only, cell location has no effect on it. So if I add/ remove dimensions to the report, or rearrange the order of the dimensions, the Excel still grabs the correct data. I have it set up to display graphs to track dimensions and to display XY plots for true positions. The only downside to it is if there is a whole bunch of data, it will take Excel a few minutes to process it all...
      Mike Ruff That sounds nice! Could u share an example?

Comment

VPT.SE, here is what mine looks like:
        snap.jpg
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I usually use XL or .csv files even though we have an old seat of DataPage (I used to use it extensively at previous employer). For me it just as easy to pull data out of an XL sheet or csv as macros are pretty easy to create.
          Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
          Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

vpt.se Here is my take on X/Y Plots

From my CSV data i can copy the data over to my excel form "data Tab" move to the "analysis Tab" Clicking Calculate this will Calculate Cp/Cpk and other stats. Then in the top right i have other buttons for auto graph creation. The Attached graph for TP shows upper control limit based off the worst axis along with the tolerance and Average bonus tolerance we are getting and also can auto create histogram or run chart. This is all done with a few button clicks using VBA

If anyone is interested here is where my TP chart is based off of. https://www.infinityqs.com/support/p...-true-position
            I don't personally use there spc software, but I liked how they handled TP capability
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Jakep379; 09-22-2020, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• vpt.se
              vpt.se commented
              Editing a comment
              Impressive! The TPchart is really nice!

​This is what mine looks like. You can see the different graphs and also a sample of the data the power query is pulling from the individual CMM reports.
            normal graph.jpghttps://www.pcdmisforum.com/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==tp graph.jpghttps://www.pcdmisforum.com/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==power query.jpghttps://www.pcdmisforum.com/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Comment

Thank you all for demonstrating! My "wish" is to create something similar directly available within PC-DMIS (not for historical/statistical purposes) for reporting, like nominal hole VS measured hole (with it's size scaled so you easily could see if it fits) position. I have been wanting to enhance the TP reporting in PC-DMIS for quite some while now...
              PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

Something I posted on the dark side with the C M M G U Y S

http://*******.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39269

Won't do datum shift. Haven't figured out how to calculate it. I think the "bomb problem" is the right approach but not sure how to implement it. @Jeffman ?
                Last edited by kingsld1; 09-28-2020, 01:01 PM.

Comment

I created a cool tool called RepDmis

Basically a report database so you can view any report by selecting a Part Number then instance (date/Serial Number)

Also got a History view so it will chart and dimension in a similar fashion.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2frp2xyldattxnj/rd1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3g4tvf4karlqy7/rd2.jpg?dl=0
                  ​​​​​​​
                  Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

• Darius11
                    Darius11 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well done, looks nice!

• vpt.se
                    vpt.se commented
                    Editing a comment