Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Min-Max reporting - Using Variable Title for remeasuring

Hey Everyone,

I am using variables to report the min and max hole sizes on a part. These holes are at an angle and arent machined perfectly every time so we need to remeasure holes sometimes and change the hole depth to get an accurate measurement for hole size. Anyway, im trying to figure out how to report which variable is my min so i'm not flicking through my report looking for the min anymore. is this possible?

Report Example:

min hole size:4.5
    max hole size:4.7

remeasure: V1 *V1= 4.5 hole*

One hole or several holes you are looking at the min for?
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP10

Comment

• BG619
      BG619 commented
      Editing a comment
      there is 10 holes per side (4 sides total) im looking for the min on each side

• DAN_M
      DAN_M commented
      Editing a comment
      Use Neil's code below.

Make the 4 arrays and then report out the minindex circle

You can use arrays...

Code:
    ASSIGN\MY_DIAMS=ARRAY(CIR1.D,CIR2.D,CIR3.D,CIR4.D,CIR5.D)
    ASSIGN\MIN_SIZE=MIN(MY_DIAMS)
    ASSIGN\MAX_SIZE=MAX(MY_DIAMS)
    That will return the smallest and largest value in the array. If you want to know which specific circle had the max or min diameter you would probably need to use MAXINDEX or MININDEX which returns the position in the array of the max or min value. So for example if the fourth feature in the array has the biggest diameter, MAXINDEX would return 4. The syntax is...

Code:
    ASSIGN\MY_DIAMS=ARRAY(CIR1.D,CIR2.D,CIR3.D,CIR4.D, CIR5.D)
    ASSIGN\MAX_IND=MAXINDEX(MY_DIAMS)
    ASSIGN\MIN_IND=MININDEX(MY_DIAMS)
    ASSIGN\MAX_CIR=STR("CIR"+MAX_IND)
    ASSIGN\MIN_CIR=STR("CIR"+MIN_IND)

DIM LOC1= LOCATION OF CIRCLE {MAX_CIR}  UNITS MM ,$
    GRAPH=OFF  TEXT=OFF  MULT=10.00  OUTPUT=BOTH  HALF ANGLE=NO
    AX    NOMINAL       +TOL       -TOL       MEAS       DEV       OUTTOL
    D       4.600       0.100     -0.100      4.700      0.100     0.000 --------*

DIM LOC2= LOCATION OF CIRCLE {MIN_CIR}  UNITS MM ,$
    GRAPH=OFF  TEXT=OFF  MULT=10.00  OUTPUT=BOTH  HALF ANGLE=NO
    AX    NOMINAL      +TOL        -TOL       MEAS       DEV       OUTTOL
    D        4.600      0.100      -0.100     4.500     -0.100     0.000 --------*
    This should work for all versions. Just to let you know, if you are looking for the max and min size of multiple circular sections measured on a single hole, 2020 R2 can now achieve this automatically using the new geometric tolerance command. If you measure a cylinder using multiple levels and then create a geometric tolerance of the cylinder, it will report the unrelated actual mating envelope (UAME) which would be the largest diameter on an external cylinder / smallest diameter on an internal cylinder. If you also turn report local size on in the command then it will iterate through all of the levels and report the smallest single diameter for an external cylinder or the largest single diameter for an internal cylinder.

Comment

• DAN_M
      DAN_M commented
      Editing a comment
      very good stuff, thank you for this comment.

• BG619
      BG619 commented
      Editing a comment
      this works, thank you.