Profile results question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile results question.

This is going to show everyone how little I know.

I have 5 profiles to check on a part. (form and location) I am checking each one by taking 5 points, creating a plane from the five points, and doing my profile call out.

If I dimension a DISTANCE between my origin plane, and the constructed one, I get a different number than the profile results. Does this make sense? To me it would seem like the profile measurement would be the same as the deviation on the location call out. Right? Or am I way off base here?
    CMM Programmer
    Jackson Michigan
    Mistral 7.7.5
    4.3MR2

I would dimension each point seperatly, use the T axis as part of the dimesion, and it gets 1/2 of the total tolerance as it's +/- (1.0mm total = +/-0.5) Beyond that, construct a feature SET not a plane.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Is your measured is exactly half of your profile?

Comment

Check your max and min distances that may give you some corelation to profile. Distance is going from average. Profile includes form and orientation and how that translates into the space that it occupies.
        <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
          I would dimension each point seperatly, use the T axis as part of the dimesion, and it gets 1/2 of the total tolerance as it's +/- (1.0mm total = +/-0.5) Beyond that, construct a feature SET not a plane.

T axis? To Feature?
          CMM Programmer
          Jackson Michigan
          Mistral 7.7.5
          4.3MR2

Comment

Originally posted by Sl33stak View Post
            T axis? To Feature?
            YEP! For SURFACE and VECTOR points, the T axis is the TOTAL VECTOR DEVIATION and for edge points, the T axis is the TOTAL deviation along the EDGE vector.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Sl33stak View Post
              This is going to show everyone how little I know.

I have 5 profiles to check on a part. (form and location) I am checking each one by taking 5 points, creating a plane from the five points, and doing my profile call out.

If I dimension a DISTANCE between my origin plane, and the constructed one, I get a different number than the profile results. Does this make sense? To me it would seem like the profile measurement would be the same as the deviation on the location call out. Right? Or am I way off base here?
              Do not use constructed planes for profile. Assuming you have correct nominals
              entered on each point, construct "Feature sets" (5 of them) and proceed.
              sigpicIt's corona time!
              737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment