Planes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planes

A question for all of the sick individuals (which is a good thing) from the other thread, running 3.7mr2 today and usually when I use a plane on my round parts I use the radial plane, "to me is a good feature" but the last 2 days I also used a triangle plane and for some odd reason PCDMIS wants to change all my plane to whichever was the last one used. ANY SUGGESTIONS? or is this one of the horror bugs that intangled up in the software web..
    sigpic

Are you manually taking a plane or using auto points and constructing...
    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

All planes at this point are DCC driven and I'm using the autoplane feature.
      sigpic

Comment

Not running 3.7............Hope you get your answer.Sorry

Comment

It is a known bug in 3.7MR2. It used to happen to me. It will change it in any program you open where an autoplane is used. It will also change triangle ones to round ones if the last one you created was round and you open a program with a triangle one.

It HAS been fixed in 3.7MR3! That as well as stability is why I highly recommend you upgrade to MR3 if you can. Your only other option is to not use autoplanes or use them only for one type (round or rect.)

Comment

Too cheap to keep a SMA, this bug is freq. and expected on our CMMs. We just live with it.

Comment

When did your SMA expire... mr3 maybe legal for you
              Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Kind of like snakes on a plane. Or bugs on a plane. Or....LUNCH!
                RFS Means Really Fussy Stuff

When all you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
                  When did your SMA expire... mr3 maybe legal for you
                  7/31/05. It's nice enough to remind me everytime PC-Didimiss starts. Barely made the improvement to 3.7 MR2....

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by than_357 View Post
                    7/31/05. It's nice enough to remind me everytime PC-Didimiss starts. Barely made the improvement to 3.7 MR2....

Tom
                    I could write a rant about this... hexagon should fix the bugs in released versions for free = you buy 3.7 and get any MR to it for free. If they want more money, they should go to 3.8 or whatever. BUT, they should still fix 3.7's bugs because people/companies paid for what they expected to be working software.

I'll stop there.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                      I could write a rant about this... hexagon should fix the bugs in released versions for free = you buy 3.7 and get any MR to it for free. If they want more money, they should go to 3.8 or whatever. BUT, they should still fix 3.7's bugs because people/companies paid for what they expected to be working software.

I'll stop there.

ROTFLMAO..........That was good..........I totally agree

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post

I'll stop there.
                        WRONG ! ! !

They should abandon this stoopid 1 major release a year policy and work most of the kinks out of a new version BEFORE they release it. 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, & 4.0 have all been released long before they were ready to see the light of day.
                        Then they should *also* provide all MRs free of charge regardless of $MA, but first and foremost they should spend more time getting it right before the mail everyone more coasters/desk levelers/frisbees/mobile components.
                        sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
                          WRONG ! ! !

They should abandon this stoopid 1 major release a year policy and work most of the kinks out of a new version BEFORE they release it. 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, & 4.0 have all been released long before they were ready to see the light of day.
                          Then they should *also* provide all MRs free of charge regardless of $MA, but first and foremost they should spend more time getting it right before the mail everyone more coasters/desk levelers/frisbees/mobile components.
                          If everyone stopped paying their SMA's that would happen...
                          Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

When we did get a new shopfloor CMM, the people whom had to deal with the 'upgrade' to PC-DMIS (3.5 I think) were against getting PC-DMIS with it. Someone else made the decision for us, so now we have three at 3.7mr2 and one at 4.1 (which I guess will have to get pushed to 4.2 if the SMA is valid on it).

Personally- I like PC-DMIS. If it weren't for the moments of hair-pulling, slam-the-table WTF's??? that occur every now and then, I'd love it.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
                              WRONG ! ! !

I agree.

Comment