Advice on Groove Diameter - Auto Circle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Groove Diameter - Auto Circle

Please let me know how to create an auto circle groove diameter that doesn't hit the edges. I know there has to be a prehit/retract that you can put in somewhere. Thank you.

you either want to modify your prehit/retract distance (F10-->PROBING), or make the moves into circular moves.

sometimes adding a few more points to reduce the distance between points helps too.
    Last edited by BIGWIG7; 09-04-2020, 04:18 PM.
    Che Guevara is a communist scumbag.

Comment

• Josh Seiden
      Josh Seiden commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. It works great now.

Shorten the retract distance and use more points than normal with circular moves. If you’re using Clearance Cube, make sure that feature is turned off and add your own moves if needed.
    Darroll
    2018R2

Comment

• Josh Seiden
      Josh Seiden commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. It works.

Use the F10 key to pull up the parameter settings dialogue window and select the motion tab. There is where you can change the prehit and retract settings.
    PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

• Josh Seiden
      Josh Seiden commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the help.

1/2 groove width - 1/2 tip diameter = is my rule of thumb the maximum prehit and retract I use in grooves

Comment

• Josh Seiden
      Josh Seiden commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I got it to work now.

Use circular moves as said before, adjust your prehit retract as needed.
    Also if you use avoidance moves make sure that is off and add move points at start and end of feature so it won't crash.

HTH

Comment

• Josh Seiden
      Josh Seiden commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, thank you. I will try this.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but using circular moves, and adjusting your prehit retract should help a lot.
    Che Guevara is a communist scumbag.

Comment

widgetinstance 190 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X