Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help - How to work smarter with PC DMIS

Hello,

I am currently running programs on parts that have many slots (up to 160 slots) measuring width, pitch, slot diameter ect. We measure sample sections ( one slot near the Top of the part - Middle and Bottom of the part) but if we find anything out of tolerance within that sample we have to measure 5 slots above the OT section and 5 slots below the OT section until the bad area is identified. This is where it gets busy, I am creating custom programs each time this happens when i know there is a way to have drop down to select specific sections to measure ( with the entire part programmed of course). Can anyone help me out with this?
    Last edited by BG619; 09-04-2020, 01:43 PM.

In the edit window highlight what you want to execute and press CNTL L, it'll run that section of code.
    sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

My basic brain would tell me to write a program for 100% of the part and then create marked sets to check / not check any features that you want. I'm sure there is some more elegant LVL3 method of this but heck, Im a machinist that was turned loose into inspection and not a computer programmer turned metrologist.

Comment

• BG619
        BG619 commented
        Editing a comment
        i've been playing with the marked sets, it looks like it can work. just trying to figure out how to dimension by set and report it.

160 slots, program them all, then, use flow control to skip bunches and have it look to see if OOT exists, if so, measure xxxx and so on.

So, slot 1, no OOT, it goes to slot 80, no OOT it goes to slot 160
      slot 1 OOT, measures 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, if 6 is OOT, goes to 7, not OOT goes to 80, and so on. Lots of coding, but doable.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

• BG619
        BG619 commented
        Editing a comment
        Flow control looks like the way to go on this. i've never used it. are there some posts here on the forum that I can learn from

If you program the entire part using Clearance Cube, then Mini Routines would work. It automated the marked sets process. Basically you pick the feature names or dimension you want to measure and then run it. You can set it up as a one time thing or as a saved mini routine. I'll often use this feature when I'm debugging a program. I can create production programs from my full blown FAI programs.

Comment