Surface and Angle (Cylinders)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surface and Angle (Cylinders)

Please tell me how to edit Surface and Angle when creating an auto cylinder. This trial and error is taking too long. Thank you.

Type in the numbers you want.
    That's the answer to the question you gave.

If you want to know how to pull up the dialogue window for an existing cylinder, it's F9 when your cursor is on the cylinder.
    Do you want to know what the surface and angle numbers mean? I seriously am not sure the actual question.
    PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

• Josh Seiden
      Josh Seiden commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, what do the letters mean? Thank you.

The surface defines the top of the cylinder and the angle defines where 0 degrees for the hits starts. The letters I J K define the vector or where something is pointing, the top of the cylinder or 0 degrees. They are defined by the cosine of the angle relative to the axis. If a cylinder is sitting on the surface of the CMM, its top is pointing in the Z plus direction and the surface vector is 0, 0, 1. The top is 90° from X and Y. The cosine of 90 is 0 so 0, 0. The top is 0 degrees from Z plus so K is1, the cosine of 0.
    if you want the hits to start at the X axis you would put 1, 0, 0 for the I, J, K of the angle. You will also need to then define the start angle under measurement properties as 0 and the ending as 360.

I hope that helps.
    PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

• Josh Seiden
      Josh Seiden commented
      Editing a comment
      It does help. Thank you. You seem like you're really smart. Please have a look at my other topic I just posted. It's about a new alignment I'm trying. I could use some advice.