Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe rack, auto calibration - various questions

Hello,

We purchased a probe rack for our Global Performance 575 (rack is HR-MP6-150 w/accur base) a couple months ago and it has been working fine with one exception:

I have to leave the lids in the open position because the arm lifts too high when dropping off a probe, so it is not in position to push the lid back on the probe it is picking up.

I don't see anywhere in the Probe Changer configuration that would allow me to modify that retract distance... Is this a Hexagon thing to fix?

I've just made a program to auto-calibrate all the probes (well, 5 anyway..) and there is one sticking point: In between the individual probe calibrations it stops the program to ask "OK to change wrist angle?"

I know I could turn that off (Don't ask again) but i don't want to do that. When i have angle changes in the middle of a manual calibration I don't want the angle changing immediately after confirming the feature.

I guess I could add comments every time to stop the angle change, but that is not ideal.. Is there any way to code that only into the calibration program?

Code:
    STARTUP =ALIGNMENT/START,RECALL:USE_PART_SETUP,LIST=YES
    ALIGNMENT/END
    MODE/MANUAL
    PREHIT/0.05
    RETRACT/0.05
    MOVESPEED/ 40
    MANRETRACT/0.05
    FORMAT/TEXT,OPTIONS, ,HEADINGS,SYMBOLS, ;NOM,TOL,MEAS,DEV,OUTTOL, ,
    LOADPROBE/1BY30MM LOW FORCE
    TIP/T1A0B0, SHANKIJK=0, 0, 1, ANGLE=0
    AUTOCALIBRATE/PROBE, PARAMETER_SET=ALL-TIPS-WITH-DEFAULTS, QUALTOOL_MOVED=NO,
    CHECK COLLISION=NO, SHOW_SUMMARY=YES, OVERWRITE_RESULTSFILE=NO

LOADPROBE/1ANDAHALFBY30

LOADPROBE/2BY50MM

LOADPROBE/HALFMMBY47POINT7

LOADPROBE/6BY50DISC
    AUTOCALIBRATE/PROBE, PARAMETER_SET=6X50DISC_ALL_IN_ORDER, QUALTOOL_MOVED=NO,
    Another comment: every time the CMM completes a probe change, it moves to the safe position and then it releases and re-clamps the wrist joints. Seems unnecessary. It is changing probes in A0B0 position, not sure why it would need to "confirm" A0B0 position after the change. Just looking for confirmation if this is expected behavior.

Also, calibration collision checking does not seem to work correctly. I get a flag saying it couldn't safely calibrate certain angles even though I have calibrated similar angle selection sets many time before. I am just not using it and if concerned I will set the user defined calibration order. Again, just looking for confirmation if others are using this with any success. The only mention in the documentation about any way to control this is with the CMM Limits, but of course the manual does not say how to adjust them just "If you need to modify or add the limits of the machine, enter the values..."

PC-DMIS 2020R1

Anyway, thanks for any info, advice or guidance.

Erik

Flommer please see my responses to your queries below (blue text)...

I have to leave the lids in the open position because the arm lifts too high when dropping off a probe, so it is not in position to push the lid back on the probe it is picking up.
    This should not happen. I believe there might be a registry setting that allows you to alter this but my memory fails me at the moment as to what that exact setting is - maybe Don Ruggieri knows?
    In between the individual probe calibrations it stops the program to ask "OK to change wrist angle?"
    Again, this should not happen as it is not changing the wrist angle (always at A0/B0 looking at your code). This could be because your autocal routine is in manual mode rather than DCC. There are also various settings that could influence this under F5, within the SETUP area of the probe utilities window and in the registry but I would start by simply changing your program to DCC mode.
    Another comment: every time the CMM completes a probe change, it moves to the safe position and then it releases and re-clamps the wrist joints
    This is expected behaviour for analogue (scanning) probes as it forces a weight balance.
    Also, calibration collision checking does not seem to work correctly. I get a flag saying it couldn't safely calibrate certain angles even though I have calibrated similar angle selection sets many time before. I am just not using it and if concerned I will set the user defined calibration order. Again, just looking for confirmation if others are using this with any success. The only mention in the documentation about any way to control this is with the CMM Limits, but of course the manual does not say how to adjust them just "If you need to modify or add the limits of the machine, enter the values..."
    This will depend on the type of controller your machine has. If it has an FDC the machine limits should be populated automatically, all other machine types need to be manually edited. To view / edit the limits hit F5 and click the PART/MACHINE tab. This CMM limits are at the bottom of the dialog. Link to help page : https://docs.hexagonmi.com/pcdmis/20...imits_area.htm
    Neil Challinor
    PC-DMIS Product Owner

T: +44 870 446 2667 (Hexagon UK office)
    E: [email protected]

Comment

[QUOTE=neil.challinor;n476490]Flommer please see my responses to your queries below (blue text)...

This should not happen. I believe there might be a registry setting that allows you to alter this but my memory fails me at the moment as to what that exact setting is - maybe Don Ruggieri knows?

Flommer How high is too high? I am not sure there is a registry setting for this, I suspect maybe the calibration itself is a bit off? If it is only off by a mm or so, you can just edit the slot position to adjust for that and not have to re-calibrate.

Comment

Originally posted by neil.challinor View Post

Again, this should not happen as it is not changing the wrist angle (always at A0/B0 looking at your code). This could be because your autocal routine is in manual mode rather than DCC. There are also various settings that could influence this under F5, within the SETUP area of the probe utilities window and in the registry but I would start by simply changing your program to DCC mode.
        Ah yes, makes sense. I will give this a try - thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Don Ruggieri View Post

Flommer How high is too high? I am not sure there is a registry setting for this, I suspect maybe the calibration itself is a bit off? If it is only off by a mm or so, you can just edit the slot position to adjust for that and not have to re-calibrate.
          The calibration was actually off for some reason (ran it a couple times), and I had to lower the z values (1-1.5mm, if I am remembering correctly) for all ports to get the modules to slide in and out nice and smooth. As to the question of how high is too high, it is not much... the module is just above the top of the lid, maybe .005 - .010". A problem that I have is that since this is the first time I am working with a probe rack I don't know what to expect: how much does the module receptacle (TesastarMP-Body_US) engage with the lid to push it out of the way?

Comment

There is a parameter in the FDC interface, called something like ChangerType. You can read the hints. I believe if it is set to 1 (vs 0) the calibration is set 1 or 2 mm higher, for the SF (Shop Floor) changer type. Check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Ruggieri View Post
              There is a parameter in the FDC interface, called something like ChangerType. You can read the hints. I believe if it is set to 1 (vs 0) the calibration is set 1 or 2 mm higher, for the SF (Shop Floor) changer type. Check it out.
              Thanks Don

I have pulled up the FDC interface but I don't see that parameter. I'm guessing it is one of the password protected items and I don't have the password.

I may need to get with support for this

Comment

• Don Ruggieri
                Don Ruggieri commented
                Editing a comment
                In the FDC interface, Edit - Parameters - Common, and then about 70% of the way down the list, look for a parameter called X1ChangerType. The choices are 0=Normal, 1=Shop Floor.

Is your master probe part of that calibration program? Did you use the maser probe to calibrate the probe rack?

Comment

Originally posted by acgarcia View Post
                Is your master probe part of that calibration program? Did you use the maser probe to calibrate the probe rack?
                Hi - I am not sure what you are referring to as a master probe. It was calibrated using one of our usual built up probes - 1 x 30 light force most likely.

Comment