ASME Y14.5.1 - 2019 is published

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASME Y14.5.1 - 2019 is published

ASME Y14.5.1 - 2019 Mathematical Definition of Dimensioning and Tolerancing Principles is published and available at the link below.

https://www.asme.org/codes-standards...ing-principles

The three most important changes that impact industry and our customers:
    1. New mathematical definition for datum features at RMB (see the foreward, section 4 para. 4.7.11 and appendix B). Also see Y14.5 - 2018 section 7 para 7.11.2.
    2. New definition for Profile "single" actual value for bilateral, unilateral and unequally disposed tolerances (see section 8). This change does not affect conformance because the tolerance zone boundaries are the same as the 1994 definition.
    3. New definitions for local size; opposed points and circular elements (see section 2).
    Please clink on the link below for a video preview of how we are supporting the current ASME and ISO standards in PC-DMIS 2020 R2.

https://www.hexagonmi.com/about-us/events/accelerate-webinars/na-gdt-standards-whats-changing-why-and-how-to-deal-with-it

More to come in a few weeks...

Thanks,

Rob Jensen

Rob Jensen
    Product Owner - GD&T
    Metrology Software, Inc. - Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence

Thanks Rob.
    "This is my word... and as such is beyond contestation."

Comment

Good video. Trying to get my job to buy the spec so I can read it. May have to buy it myself...
      Remembering my beautiful wife Taz who's life was lost on 6-13-2020. I love you and I miss you.

Comment

• ThePudds
        ThePudds commented
        Editing a comment
        I may have to buy it myself as well. Would be good information to have though.

During the video he was using PCD 2020R2. When is it going to be available for the rest of us?
      DeWain Hodge

Comment

• A-machine-insp
        A-machine-insp commented
        Editing a comment
        The Technical Preview is live. I have been running it ever since the preview started.

• Trevor McLaughlin
        Trevor McLaughlin commented
        Editing a comment
        I heard the commercial release of 2020 R2 will be around the second week in September.

If your company has subscribed to IHS Markit; you can get it from there.

Comment

Excellent job on the appendices! Very informative. It’s great that some more light was shed on the swept-spheres interpretation of size and potential misapplications were addressed.

The new definition for planar datum features referenced RMB should hopefully match surface plate measurements a little better. It can be tough to correlate on small tolerances when evaluating LSQ.

Also, the new profile definition is very well done and methodical. It’ll take a handful of times reading to fully grasp what is going on, but it’s nice that nothing changed when it comes to conformance.

Rob Jensen Thank you and the rest of the Y14.5.1 subcommittee.

Comment

Hello ASME profile, welcome to ISO
          PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

vpt.se
            Great, now I'm going to have to get used to running 2 versions of the DMIS on the computer.
            I have part files that use Y14.5-1994 (1982) and, I guess, in the near future they are going to update to 2019.
            That is going to be fun getting used to.

Comment

• vpt.se
              vpt.se commented
              Editing a comment
              I feel your pain, brother