Scanning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanning

I have tried to do scans offline but can’t seem to get them to work properly. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong? Does anyone have instructions on how to do this? I looked in the help files and it doesn’t quite make sense.
    Darroll
    2018R2

How aren’t they working properly? Hits not generating, or generating strangely?

Comment

They’re either not generating or they’re on the cad model but when I do a dry run, the probe isn’t hitting the points. When I did a simple scan, I got that to work perfectly. The probe followed the contours like I wanted it.
      Darroll
      2018R2

Comment

Do you have probe comp on with an appropriate tolerance? Are you set to FINDNOMS?

Comment

Probe comp is on. I’m set to Master.
          Darroll
          2018R2

Comment

I’ll typically check to make sure I’ve selected all the CAD sections, reset my points (1, D, 2), check my cut vector, and regenerate.

I have noticed, scanning on a Zeiss with PC-DMIS, that FINDNOMS and CAD Comp will often fix a lot of issues I have with scanning.

Comment

Thank you!!! I’m going to work on practicing that this evening!! I want to know this in and out!!
              Darroll
              2018R2

Comment

FINDNOMS Should be on, MASTER is for scanning a part without a CAD model. This means that when the 1st part (without a CAD) is scanned it retains that info as the MASTER info.

Make sure your CAD model surface vectors are correct : EDIT>GRAPHICS DISPLAY WINDOW>CAD VECTORS

Scan setting should be NULLFILTER> DEFINED> FINDNOMS

Make sure probe comp and CAD comp are ON I always use selected graphics as well.
                Jesse Krook

Comment

• Darrollh
                  Darrollh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks a million!! I wanted to get this down to a science!!!! Awesome!!!

• YGOLORTEM
                  YGOLORTEM commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Takes a few attempts to get it down but once you are confident it's a pretty handy tool. Always try to avoid writing or scanning CAD seams as well. Scans don't like CAD seams
                  Last edited by YGOLORTEM; 08-26-2020, 02:21 PM.