Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset tip to THEO ?

Hi,

I've recently seen in a topic here that it's recommended to thick the box "reset tip to THEO […]" when calibrating a probe.
    This is Something we've never been told to do before.

My 1st question is: what is the goal of this ? just to better see the eventual shift of the probe ?

I tried it this Morning by changing it into my parameters set, here is the difference before/after:

0.5by20_before-after.PNG

The thing is, i didn't realize we still have some programs where we don't use manual alignments… and now when i try to execute those programs, the probe don't go to the right place….

Can i manually re-set the old THEO values into the probes files ? or is it dangerous to do so ?

Thanks in advance.

Those said programs.... are they using a readpoint?
    Darroll
    2018R2

Comment

No, just going directly in DCC to the part for the alignement, we use some jigs.

Comment

Originally posted by pab39 View Post
        No, just going directly in DCC to the part for the alignement, we use some jigs.
        Nothing to do with resetting the probe prior to qualification. It'as a horrible idea to begin in strictly DCC without a manual pickup option. Fortunately, it's an easy fix.

Open the program.
        Save as a copy.
        Highlight all the features used in the first alignment, but NOT the alignment itself, and copy it.
        Go to edit...Pattern, leave all the offsets at zero, change number of times to offset to 1.
        Put the cursor at the end of the line above the first feature you're going to copy, hit <alt>-X - this will put the program in manual mode
        Go to Edit...Paste with Pattern. This will put those features into the program again, this time as new features.
        edit the features to far fewer hits than DCC takes (if it takes a lot of hits).
        Create a new alignment from the new, manually measurable features. Make it the same exact alignment.
        This is critical When asked to update to the new alignment, say YES.
        hit <alt>-Z after the alignment to switch back to DCC mode.
        Slowly execute the program. You should have a few hits to take to create the manual alignment, then it will find the features the second time.

You don't need to run this alignment every time, but you will need to if the probe isn't finding the part down the road. Look up YESNO inputs and GOTO statements.

Comment

Heh, got the same idea to add a manual alignment before the DCC in those programs, but i was not so confident. But finally, like you said, if all is well done (especially answering "yes" to update the alignment), it works pretty fine !
          The thing is that i'm not the only one to use the CMM and i can't check for all the programs which use the DCC first, and i'm not confident that other technicians will think to change that….
          Moreover some of them have the bad habit to create some DCC movepoints before the manual alignment to position the probe near the part...

So i've rewritten the old XYZ values into the probes parameters, and it works now like before.

But it is a shame to not have the real THEO values in the probes files

Thanks.

Comment