Editing an auto cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing an auto cylinder

Would someone please tell me the quickest way to edit an auto cylinder? Imagine you're looking down on the cylinder. It has a 10mm depth. 2 circles for the cylinder. I want the first diameter to be 2.5mm from the top. I want the second diameter to be 2.5mm from the bottom. I want both diameters to start at 12 o'clock and go clockwise.

Thank you all.

That would be the "Depth" and "Ending Offset" in the auto feature dialogue window. See highlighted areas in the screenshot.

Capture.PNG
    Remembering my beautiful wife Taz who's life was lost on 6-13-2020. I love you and I miss you.

Comment

• Josh Seiden
      Josh Seiden commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much.

• Douglas
      Douglas commented
      Editing a comment
      J -0.0000 makes me twitch a little

• A-machine-insp
      A-machine-insp commented
      Editing a comment
      Douglas Me too. That was a print based part that our engineering department made the CAD for. Perfectly imperfect.

contact path properties depth/ending offset after clicking on feature, check the length to see how your model checks length, diameter and you can edit start end

Comment

• Josh Seiden
      Josh Seiden commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the help.

You cannot force both circles to start and end at the same place though, or measure in the same direction. For example, with 4 hits per level, 2 levels, and 0 to 360: The bottom circle will measure 12, 3, 6, 9 o'clock, and then the top will measure 9, 6, 3, 12. Like a patch scan, it zig-zags for each level. You could use two auto-circles and construct a cylinder from that. Or use vector points and paste with pattern. Plenty of ways to skin the cat, if you need it that specific.
    "This is my word... and as such is beyond contestation."

Comment

• Josh Seiden
      Josh Seiden commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I think I can live with that.

• Douglas
      Douglas commented
      Editing a comment
      yes you can if you go in and move the hits around, user defined hits in the auto feature

• VinniUSMC
      VinniUSMC commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure, but I just fiddled around with it, and it does some crazy stuff with the point order. At least, visually according to the hit targets. And, you can't maintain the original perfect spacing.

Originally posted by VinniUSMC View Post
    You cannot force both circles to start and end at the same place though, or measure in the same direction. For example, with 4 hits per level, 2 levels, and 0 to 360: The bottom circle will measure 12, 3, 6, 9 o'clock, and then the top will measure 9, 6, 3, 12. Like a patch scan, it zig-zags for each level. You could use two auto-circles and construct a cylinder from that. Or use vector points and paste with pattern. Plenty of ways to skin the cat, if you need it that specific.
    +1 I do this a lot. Sometimes it's just the easiest thing to do.

Comment