Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calibration Dwell

Good morning,

We are attempting to calibrate some new probes on a Brown and Sharp Global machine. When we try to do a full calibration, the probe makes a scan, and then dwells at the end of the scan for @45 seconds. Later in the routine it might throw up a "direction not clearly defined" alarm and stop. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I don't think probes are suppose to scan when they are being calibrated. All touch points including scanning heads. What kind of probing hardware do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by acgarcia View Post
      I don't think probes are suppose to scan when they are being calibrated. All touch points including scanning heads. What kind of probing hardware do you have?
      PH10 / SM25 stuff scans when calibrating.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

• acgarcia
        acgarcia commented
        Editing a comment
        good to know, thanks.

Yep, we've got the Renishaw SM25. When we make a new probe, or have to fix a problem with an older one we have to do what's called a full calibration. The ruby slides around on the sphere during that process.

Comment

Originally posted by Flintstone View Post
        Yep, we've got the Renishaw SM25. When we make a new probe, or have to fix a problem with an older one we have to do what's called a full calibration. The ruby slides around on the sphere during that process.
        I've never seen mine 'dwell', just zips right along.

Since it is a 'last thought', I'll put it out there first...

MAKE SURE your 'net' connection between the controller and computer is plugged in tight (the cat5 cable).
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Make sure the "reset tips to theoretical" box is checked. Also, make sure your calibration sphere you are defining, is the right one.

Comment