Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile a mid plane

All,
    I have a drawing where the profile is called out to a feature of size originating from the datum in the feature control frame. I had to create a mid-plane per the drawing, but PCDMIS always reports the measured profile value of the mid-plane as zero.

Also, there are basic dimensions that don'r originate from the datum, but when you use xact measure and put the datum in the feature control frame, it profiles relative to that datum origin. I do question the dimensioning, but per ASME, it is not necessary incorrect to use a surface other than the datum to originate a basic dimension. Is there anyway to get PCDMIS to understand that the basic dimension is not originating from the datum surface in the feature control frame.

Can you post the appropriate section of your print?

Comment

To get the profile of the mid plane, you have to construct a set of mid points, then create the plane from them.

Comment

• John Riggins
        John Riggins commented
        Editing a comment
        That works like a charm.

• VinniUSMC
        VinniUSMC commented
        Editing a comment
        +1000000 SuperJefman

• vpt.se
        vpt.se commented
        Editing a comment
        Create/measure the first plane (PLANE1).
        Mirror this plane (PLANE1) to PLANE2 (and measure it).
        Create midpoints using hits on PLANE1 and the corresponding hits on PLANE2, creating PLANE3.
        Dimension PLANE3.

Originally posted by JEFMAN View Post
      To get the profile of the mid plane, you have to construct a set of mid points, then create the plane from them.
      +1

Comment

Perfect, I will try that. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JEFMAN View Post
          Thanks.

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment