making a 5 way probe active

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making a 5 way probe active

I am building this probe that looks like a star (LSPX1H_M3_5WAY), but once I am done building it how do I make one or more of those connection active?

When you choose the star probe, you will be able to choose which one that’s active.
    Darroll
    2018R2

Comment

Here :
      ftp://ftp.wilcoxassoc.com/docs/
      Then How to docs,
      Then Defining star probe.zip

ftp://ftp.wilcoxassoc.com/docs/How%20To%20Docs/

Comment

The tips are numbered 1-5. Tip 1 will be the one pointing down. 2-5 are the side tips. Just choose the tip# the same way you choose the A and B angles.

HTH
        PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Schrocknroll View Post
          The tips are numbered 1-5. Tip 1 will be the one pointing down. 2-5 are the side tips. Just choose the tip# the same way you choose the A and B angles.

HTH
          As long as you select them in that order. It gives the T# based on the order you select them. it's quite possible to really f*ck things up if you choose a random order.

starprobe.png

Comment

thank you
            I really appreciate the pictures , really helped out.

Comment

Also in the program if you are using tip #3 (for example) you will select it as TIP/T3A0B0 Instead of TIP/T1A0B0

Comment

Originally posted by RandomJerk View Post

As long as you select them in that order. It gives the T# based on the order you select them. it's quite possible to really f*ck things up if you choose a random order.

starprobe.png
                Good point. If you have a 5way with just one probe added a the #4 position, it will be tip T1. For the last number of years I always add tiny styli in the unused tips so that the T# will always match the tip position. I will often add a comment in the program about which positions should actually have styli installed.
                PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

• RandomJerk
                  RandomJerk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  After you get it set, delete the tips that aren't actually there - it won't reset the T#

Originally posted by cobjosh View Post
                I am building this probe that looks like a star (LSPX1H_M3_5WAY), but once I am done building it how do I make one or more of those connection active?
                Did you try this?

twins.gif
                (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
                They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• Douglas
                  Douglas commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am willing to bet pretty big money that he did not try that... you can have 10 to 1 odds as well

I don't know it going to help... but you can try search on youtube PC-DMIS Star Probe. It may help.

Comment