Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immediate splash screen crash

Good morning All,
    I just encountered this - all has been working fine. The only thing different is there was no probe loaded on shutdown. As soon as I load PCD, the splash window with the probe file confirmation comes up, then goes to immediate error report and shuts down. Anyone else have this happen? I already ran repair, but it didn't help.
    Leitz Reference XI 10.7.6 with HP-S-XIH
    2017 R2 with SP3

Which version are you running? Did the search path get changed? Probe corruption maybe? What happens if a probe is loaded at shutdown?

Comment

2017 R2 with SP3

Nothing was changed. It won't even start and run. Splash screen only, then error/close.
      2017 R2 with SP3

Comment

Wait, that's wrong sorry. 2019 R2 SP 3
        2017 R2 with SP3

Comment

Maybe the search path for the probes changed somehow? can you get to this screen? (See attached picture)

image_19134.png

Comment

I had this EXACT same issue on 2019 with 2019R2. Hexagon remoted in, looked around, could not explain it.

They had me go into "Settings Editor" to turn off the splash page and then it worked fine (except that PCD was a gray screen when you first open it.) The only explanation I got was "this happens on some computers, we're not entirely sure why" even though this computer came with the machine from Hexagon.

Going back to an older version of PCD as well as upgrading to 2020 cleared everything up.
            Last edited by DAN_M; 08-12-2020, 10:56 AM.
            SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

• HxSwartwood
              HxSwartwood commented
              Editing a comment
              This is exactly what I had to do. We even bought a new PC and immediately same thing. Clean install of windows and immediate crash. Such a strange one.

Thanks for the help! I tried repair, didn't work. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and restarted. Boom! Came right up. I will never shut down the machine without a probe tip installed again!
            2017 R2 with SP3

Comment

I couldn't get to any screen....
              2017 R2 with SP3

Comment

• ThePudds
                ThePudds commented
                Editing a comment
                Gotcha. My fault.