Waiting for Controller Ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for Controller Ready

EDIT: Seems I found something that worked. I did a complete restart of the whole system. The computer and the CMM. Seems to have fixed the issue. I think we had a power outage at our plant over the weekend. Not sure why the communication with the controller was blocked however.

Here we go....

I'm getting a "Waiting for Controller Ready" at the bottom left of PC-DMIS. The only Semi-helpful thread I found was here ---> https://www.pcdmisforum.com/forum/pc...ogram-wont-run <--- However it still didn't give an actual answer i feel. Is there something wrong within my code behind the code? Is there a way to "Ready" the controller and I'm just a dummy? If Y'all would like pictures or anything just let me know.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ThePudds; 08-10-2020, 10:25 AM.

Every IT person I have ever met in my entire life: "Did you try turning it off and then back on again?"

SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

I seem to remember we had to " change our ways " when we got our new CMM,. We couldn't fire up DMIS until the CMM was " ready to talk " . If we fired up DMIS too fast, we have a connection error like that.

Comment

• Brandnew
        Brandnew commented
        Editing a comment
        Funny...with the latest CMM we have (9158 - PCDMIS 2018) i have to let the software turn on first and then the CMM....

• ThePudds
        ThePudds commented
        Editing a comment
        Brandnew That seems Bass akwards.

Originally posted by DAN_M View Post
      Every IT person I have ever met in my entire life: "Did you try turning it off and then back on again?"
      Yep, should've just done that from the get go. lol

Comment