Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probe comp for TTP scan

Hi
    We are working with 3.7mr3 PCDMIS CAD and have been trying to perform a manual scan (that being the only option available in this version.) How is probe comp applied when doing a manual scan, as we understand the Probe Comp box must be turned off, however the checking and unchecking of the CAD Comp box doesn't seem to put the scan in the right place ie. It still appears about a Probe's radius away from the part which we know to be in the correct position

Thanks

When doing 3-D scanning with the TTP. comp off IS your best bet since Pcdmis can and will ONLY comp in 2 axis at most, so, in your command window, hit ENTER and type in PROBECOMP/OFF and also mark the comp OFF in the scan window (I don't know why thay added that) then the cad department will have to comp for the radius of your probe.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I think the only time to use probe comp ON during scanning is when using CAD, otherwise what Matt said.
      Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Well, you CAN use comp on when using the laser probe or the continuous-contact scanning tips, but yes, for TTP, 3-D scans, comp-on will NOT give you correct data. It does work (comp-on) REAL well for 2-D scanning, for example the trim edge on a die steel, strictly a 2-D profile.
        sigpic
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

If you use it with CAD (like a scan slice) will comp work right - will it find the closest surface?
          Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

The few times I used cad data and scanning, I generated the hits ON the cad data before running the scans and it is as good as a vector point, when used that way.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah we suspected that might have been the case, just weren't 100% sure. It's always nice to get a yes or no answer, thanks guys

Comment