Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running the same program on 2 different machines

ScanError2.jpg
    We are having problems running the exact same program on 2 machines. The machines are both Global 555. They are setup exactly the same.
    Same fixturing, same probe setup, same probe names. All probe calibrations are stored local for both machines. When we run the program on the original machine
    everything looks fine. We copied the program and .cad files to our other machine and the first scan it does errors out.. We get a Find Nominals Tolerance box asking if we want to change the Find
    Nominals for this scan. I have increased the tolerance and no luck. Also... in the pic, you can see as it scans the chamfer on the part it, it shows these 2 blips in the scan.

We are using PCDmis 2019 R1 SP4 with a LSPX1C and a star stylus setup.

Code:
    X_SECTION_1=FEAT/SCAN,FREEFORM,NUMBER OF HITS=578,SHOW HITS=NO,SHOWALLPARAMS=YES
    EXEC MODE=DEFINED, NOMS MODE=FIND NOMS,CLEARPLANE=NO,SINGLE POINT=NO,THICKNESS=0
    FINDNOMS=0.05,SELECTEDONLY=NO,USEBESTFIT=NO,PROBEC OMP=YES,AVOIDANCE MOVE=NO,DISTANCE=20,CAD Compensation=YES,4-axis scan=NO
    DIR1=FREEFORM,
    HITTYPE=VECTOR
    INITVEC=0,1,0
    DIRVEC=0,0,0
    POINT1=0,0.891,0.7566
    MEAS/SCAN
    BASICSCAN/FREEFORM,NUMBER OF HITS=578,SHOW HITS=NO,SHOWALLPARAMS=YES
    <0,0.891,0.7566>,<0,0.0468,-0.616>,DirVec=0,0,-1
    InitVec=0,1,0,THICKNESS=0
    FILTER/NULLFILTER,
    EXEC MODE=DEFINED
    BOUNDARY/
    HITTYPE/VECTOR
    NOMS MODE=FINDNOMS,0.05
    ENDSCAN
    ENDMEAS/
    Thanks for any help..
    Attached Files
    PCDMIS 2019 R1
    GLOBAL 5x5

What size probe are you using? You have a find noms tolerance of .05. Im assuming this is not metric so any probe bigger than .05in you would have issues. Rule of thumb, find noms tolerance should be the probe radius, plus feature tolerance, plus at least 10% for added variation. I use probe diameter as the tolerance, unless I need more, and I havent had issues. Also, there could be a possibility that the Find Noms prompt that pops up after the scan executes could have been set to "dont show this message again" on the original machine but not the new one. You can check this under F5 and warnings. You can also double check the scan to verify the surfaces are properly selected.

Comment

Singularity... I am using 2mm stylus and my findnoms is in inches. I increased the findnoms up to .100in and still had the same problems. I am getting the Find Noms prompt after the scan.
      I double checked to verify the proper surfaces were selected. All looks good.

Thanks for the reply... I will keep plugging away..
      PCDMIS 2019 R1
      GLOBAL 5x5

Comment

Code:
        X_SECTION_1=FEAT/SCAN,FREEFORM,NUMBER OF HITS=578,SHOW HITS=NO,SHOWALLPARAMS=YES EXEC
        MODE=DEFINED, NOMS MODE=FIND NOMS,CLEARPLANE=NO,SINGLE POINT=NO,THICKNESS=0
        FINDNOMS=0.05,SELECTEDONLY=NO,USEBESTFIT=[COLOR=#e74c3c]YES[/COLOR],PROBEC OMP=YES,AVOIDANCE MOVE=NO,DISTANCE=20,CAD
        Compensation=[COLOR=#e74c3c]NO[/COLOR],4-axis scan=NO DIR1=FREEFORM
        Changes I would make, unfortunately you would have to recreate the scan. CAD Comp will look at the points as 3D, kinda looks like a 2D scan, but I don't know the whole story.
        (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
        They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• Marken199
          Marken199 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. It is a 2D scan. I will try that tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks.

No skan king here, but is this in the program?

OPTIONPROBE/MAXFORCE=0.36,LOWFORCE=0.06,UPPERFORCE=0.18,TRIGGE RFORCE=0.06,
        PROBEACCURACY=0.1,POSACCURACY=0.1,#RETURNDATA=7,
        RETURNSPEED=1,SCANPNTDENSITY=4,
        SCANACCELERATION=10,SCANOFFSETFORCE=0.12,
        PROBINGMODE=DFL,MANFINEPROBING=NO

(settings per your LSPX1C ) Optprobe nonsense should be in your program, no?

Comment