Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cast and pierce point

Hello everyone
    can someone explain what the difference is between a cast and a pierce point?

every time I try to contrust a pierce point in a circle it will not let me do it.
    but it will do a cast.
    all I am trying to do is construct 2 points to draw a line .

Pierce point => Imagine shooting an arrow into a balloon. The entry point is the pierce point.

Cast point => It creates a point at the centroid of the given feature.

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cobjosh View Post
      Hello everyone
      can someone explain what the difference is between a cast and a pierce point?

every time I try to contrust a pierce point in a circle it will not let me do it.
      but it will do a cast.
      all I am trying to do is construct 2 points to draw a line .
      If you have two circles, you don't need to turn them into points to create a line, just use the two circles. If you're just trying to draw a line so that you can do alignment, you don't need the line, you can rotate between two features.

Comment

To Add to dph51, If you take a circle at the same level, The first one shows Cast = Center of circle in itself, The second one would require you to choose a level to start the entry of the circle, so you would choose the top surface and the circle to create a pierce point (balloon, point of entry).

IMG_0811.JPG
        (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
        They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

Just another great example to use a pierce point. Just to add, when looking for technically a somewhat intersection of a Radius and line, (have come across this a lot on prints.) because an intersection would be the middle of the Radius and line, again at what point does the arrow pop the balloon. Takes 2 features to create.

Untitled.png
          (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
          They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

know it makes sence

thank you

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
              KIRBSTER269 commented
              Editing a comment
              glad to help