Wonky numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonky numbers

I switched from 2018 R2 to 2020 R1 and on a program I have I' m getting some really bad info. Same program works fine on 2018 R2 But when I run it on 2020 R1 crap! What is wrong? Hopefully something easy. I tried rewriting the program and same results it's like the first 3 dimensions are screwy. after that they're fine. Thanks for the help.

IMG_3301.JPG
    Last edited by ogcharliebrown; 07-23-2020, 05:51 PM.
    It will stick if you throw it hard enough.

Nothing in the alignment got messed up, did it? I've had that happen before with some CRAZY numbers popping up.

Comment

No the alignment was ok. I'm running on 2018 R2 now I'm getting behind trying to get 2020 R1 to work. In 2018 it runs just fine other than the other B.S. I have to deal with on 2018. I rewrote the program to see if it would fix it. It seems that it only did that with the first 3 dimensions after that they were fine(I checked with micrometer) just the first 3.

Comment

• ogcharliebrown
        ogcharliebrown commented
        Editing a comment
        JacobCheverie I had that same issue with 2019 R1 that's why I quit using 2019. 2018 Is running so crappy now that I did the last update I tried to go to 2020 R1 what a pain! Programs with one model not a problem......two models sh#ts the bed!

• JacobCheverie
        JacobCheverie commented
        Editing a comment
        ogcharliebrown Have you considered using your CAD environment to make one assembly model out of the two and importing that directly? I'm not sure how PC-DMIS likes two independent models...

• ogcharliebrown
        ogcharliebrown commented
        Editing a comment
        I have two of the same model one for the top side and the other for the backside. I haven't tried to use one model and just flip it over and realign to the other side....yet!

Are these from constructed features?
      I have found that sometimes when I get crazy numbers like this I F9 and hit okay to refresh the feature.
      Or you could do the same thing on the dimension itself.
      Also try unselecting the feature in the dimension and reselecting it.

These would be my go to solutions

Comment

Workplane OK? You may want to force it into the correct workplane again before measuring jic it got screwed up somewhere

Comment

• ogcharliebrown
          ogcharliebrown commented
          Editing a comment
          RandomJerk why would it only affect the first 3 measurements? It fixes itself after the first 3? It makes no sense to me that's why I rewrote the program over. I even used a good program that worked for the first side and then added another model and finished that side and got the same thing, that's why there are only 3 dimensions on the report that's where the trouble is.
          I don't know I'm having an old dude moment

No What I'm doing is importing 2 models so I can run the front and backside of a part so the report is for the whole part. If I run a single model not a problem. With two models It wont read the first 3 dimensions and this happened on two different programs and only on PCD 2020 R1. JacobCheverie They are auto features from the model. I put in circular feature and I get a message " size calculation failed due to input feature data. Please see help file." That was my question from a earlier post" Y14.5"
        LaserJay I'll give that a try. Thanks you guys for the help.

Comment

• jtrofatter
          jtrofatter commented
          Editing a comment
          Would it be more feasible to offset your alignment to the bottom of the part and rotate it 180 in X? then when you go back into manual mode to pick up the bottom of the part the model will automatically switch to the correct orientation of the flipped part?

• jtrofatter
          jtrofatter commented
          Editing a comment
          oop i was thinking in terms of top and bottom not front an back... shouldve read a little harder. sorry sir.

Are the circular features the only dimensions that are going all caddywompus? Is the default math setting for circular features different from 2018 to 2019 and 2020? I thought i read that in 2019 they changed the default math setting for circular features.
        2019 circular features.jpg

Comment

What is the angular extent of the auto features? Less than 180?

Comment

So I had Neil At Hexagon and Matt Beecher help me with this and it looks like what happened when I ran 2018 R2 the program worked fine then when measuring with the same program using 2020 R1 had crazy numbers. To dimension the part I had to recall alignment used for the top half and then recall the alignment for the second half. Kind of like when you dimension a loop This doesn't happen with all of my 2 model program. So it might be a bug and the developers are still looking at it.
            If anything else comes up I'll post it.
            Last edited by ogcharliebrown; 08-10-2020, 01:45 PM.

Comment