Alignment Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment Question

Can anyone explain how to align this part to A-D B C. See print attached. PCDMIS Help Image.JPG
    Attached Files

I'm assuming the D target areas aren't coplanar to A, still no problem. You need to create an offset plane for A-D, that will be the primary, a line through the axis indicated for both B slots. Between those two features , if A-D were facing up, you'd have the level, Z origin, X axis (B), Y origin, so you'd use C as the X origin (they actually show that the way the leaders are drawn).

Comment

Thanks RandomJerk, Can you elaborate on the offset plane A-D. How can that be accomplished?

Comment

Creating a offset plane
        Constructed plane > drop down "offset plane" > click offsets > calculate offsets > set your vector > Calculate > ok > create
        Please Join The Effort.
        https://www.pcdmisforum.com/forum/pc...o-metric/page2 (Comment #17)

Comment

My eyes are awful and I cant read whats on the print. However I do have a GD&T question on this same subject. When in a FCF and it calles out something like POS|Ø.2|A-B|C, this is asking that you take the position of the hole or slot or whatever back to A and B simultaneously and not individually, correct? My GD&T is not the greatest and I have been working on it for about 6 months now, some of the stuff is just super hard for me wrap my head around

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Without being able to see and read the entire print.... and knowing certain OEM 'designers' the way I do (and what I have to deal with)....

There should be a fixture for this. Nets & clamps and Pins and so forth.

Align the fixture. Load the part on the "B" and "C" (4-way & 2-way) and clamp all the "A" nets. There should be (and it is forgotten 90+% of the time) a callout for a free-state check for the "D". Once you check the "D" datum to A-B-C, clamp D and check the rest of the part.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Matt Hoedeman, you are exactly correct. There is a free state check to D and two clamps to lock on that surface.

Comment