code to retrofit Adjust Filter Scan to v3.7.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• code to retrofit Adjust Filter Scan to v3.7.

Hello Gurus,

The company I work for took delivery of "Swift-Check" in mid 2018. From what I remember the program used an executable file and was more suited to recent versions like v2013+.
    Hexagon service engineers are not able to come onsite to carry out machine calibrations and Swift-Check has been resurrected.

I seem to have the program working for our v2012 and v2011 but v3.7 is a different story with features and XactMeasure not translating.
    Can anyone help with replicating the "Adjust Filter" scan in v3.7?
    Is the code/math that can re-create the taking of the pre-existing scanned points and, using the known mathematical properties of the feature, can better compensate the points gathered during the measurement process, adjusting them to lie more within the cut plane.

Also help with v3.7 in the creation of:
    • a constructed "BF Recomp" Circle
    • XactMeasure Circularity (would legacy circularity be ok?)

In summary:
    • Adjustfilter Scan
    • constructed "BF Recomp" Circle
    • XactMeasure Circularity
    in v3.7

TIA

p.

The Swift-Check routines and accompanying launcher app (swiftcheck.exe) are only designed to work with PC-Dmis 2016 and later. In some cases the routine can be made to run on older versions by hard coding all of the variable inputs that are required instead of using the launcher application but this would only work for versions that support all of the commands the routine uses. As you are finding, a lot of the commands and functionality used do not exist as far back as V3.7. My advice would be to replace the XactMeasure dimensions with legacy and skip the tests that contain unsupported commands. The only way you could replicate the BFRE or ADJUSTFILTER functionality would be to write scripts to perform those tasks - assuming you know how the original commands work.

I feel I must also point out that the Swift-Check product is only intended to be used as an interim check to monitor drift in between your regular service and calibration. It is NOT intended to be used as a replacement for, or comparison to, a proper calibration carried out by a service technician. Although some of the checks it performs may look similar to the ISO 10360 tests, they are not the same and should not be used as a direct comparison or replacement for those tests.
    Neil Challinor
    PC-DMIS Product Owner

T: +44 870 446 2667 (Hexagon UK office)
    E: [email protected]

Comment

Thanks Neil,
      Totally agreed Neil.
      As the engineers cannot come onsite, we need to check our CMMs and I know we cannot access error maps or adjust measuring envelopes but we can show due diligence by doing a check using this verified artifact.

Circularity uses the commands that are unsupported. I wouldn't be confident to say I know how the original commands work and I'm terrible at scripts.

Thanks again.

Comment