PC-DMIS 2019R2 2020R1 don't close it properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-DMIS 2019R2 2020R1 don't close it properly

Good morning everyone, in the laboratory there is a Pioneer CMM with Pc-Dmis 2019 R2 and Pc-Dmis 2020 R1 installed, Windows 10 with the latest 2004 update and all updated drivers is installed on the computer, the CMM connects via ethernet at the PC.
    When I turn on the CMM, I open PC-DMIS I work normally, but if I close PC-DMIS both 2019 and 2020 there remains 1 process in the tasks with the name PCDmis Application which occupies about 25% of cpu and 200 mb of ram. If I try to reopen PC-Dmis, the program loads correctly but does not connect to the CMM, even if I close that task forcibly anyway PC-Dmis does not connect to the CMM, I must necessarily restart the computer and then PC-DMIS reconnects to the CMM.

Anyone know the reason or know how I can solve it?

Tanx to all

Cristian

There are a few things that can cause this behaviour.

1) You have multiple user accounts on the PC and another user already has PC-Dmis open.
    2) You are running PC-Dmis via automation and the utility you are running is "holding onto" PC-Dmis when you try to close it.
    3) You have an anti-virus utility that is holding onto PC-Dmis - usually occurs if the anti-virus is scanning a file associated with PC-Dmis when you try to close for example.
    Neil Challinor
    PC-DMIS Product Owner

T: +44 870 446 2667 (Hexagon UK office)
    E: [email protected]

Comment

We are having same issue. some time during running Software its going crash and its taking to much time to open then we need to restart the computer.

Comment

• neil.challinor
        neil.challinor commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like it's possibly related to anti-virus software. Make sure your anti-virus is set so that it doesn't try to scan PC-Dmis or any of it's associated files.

• amirshafa007
        amirshafa007 commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually we not have Antivirus in our CMM computer.

Hello everyone, I created an exception in the AVG Business antivirus program, as an exception I put the complete Exagon folder in the Windows Program folder and the Exagon folders in the APP folder inside the users folder and now PC-Dmis closes and closes reopens correctly.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Comment

Thank you for the follow-up response. Glad to know it helped to resolve your issue.

Comment