Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment keeps disappearing

Very odd..

I have a program where ONE recall alignment keeps on disappearing.

I run the program and it gets to that line and PC DMIS throws up a message saying "recall alignment is missing". I can stop the program, add the alignment where it is supposed to be, everything will work again. Once I save and close and re-open the program, that alignment will be missing and if I run the program once it gets to that point it will again complain about a recall alignment being missing.

Note1: Program is NOT "read only" and I have full admin on files and stuff. I CAN make other changes to this program and THEY save no problem..but its just this ONE alignment that doesn't want to be recalled in this certain spot.
    Note2: I have also added a new alignment that does nothing except recall the alignment want, that will still disappear once I save and close and then re-open the program.

Any ideas as to what is happening? Should I just shell the program and forget it?

SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

I have seem PCD do strange stuf that cannot be explained in the past. Try creating a new file, copying code from other program, paste in newly created one and save it. this has saved me from pulling out my few remaining hairs when PCD does strange unexplained things like that. that has always worked for me in the past when i just cant figure out whats going on.

Comment

• Vladimir
      Vladimir commented
      Editing a comment
      I apologize, but this is not the first time I have seen that shelling helps, what does shelling mean? And in what cases does it help for example?

• DAN_M
      DAN_M commented
      Editing a comment
      When you are trying to troubleshoot an issue in your program, everything looks totally correct, and you have absolutely no explanation for why it is missing up... THAT is when you try to shell your program.

All that means is literally going into the file/new and creating a new program, copying the code from your original program into your brand new program, and for some magical reason that usually clears up the issue and everything will work again. The explanation I have been given by people in the past is that something was corrupted in the background of my code and that shelling the program somehow fixes that. I'm not going to pretend I understand how it works but it has bailed me out of various situations in the past like this one. You've got to love PC DMIS! lol
      Last edited by DAN_M; 07-07-2020, 01:28 PM.

• Vladimir
      Vladimir commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok. i understood

Dan i have seen this type of thing before, my best resole has been to delete that section, save program as a new name then add the needed feature or alignment .
    its like there is a bad spot (sector/ on the hard drive ) the 0"s & 1's just wont read or something.

Comment

• DAN_M
      DAN_M commented
      Editing a comment
      Did that! I deleted it and re-made and and saved it every which way i could, multiple times. No dice.
      Shelling the program ultimately fixed it, though.

I've had issues with recall alignments too, but not what you're describing. I had a program with an alignment A3, followed almost immediately by a recall of alignment A2. A2 was on the part, A3 was on a different area of the part. The recall of A2 would put the alignment out in space nowhere near where it was supposed to be. Putting the cursor anywhere A2 was active prior to the recall showed it in the correct location in the graphics display window, but anywhere after the recall showed it in the incorrect location. I ended up having to create A4 that was literally the exact same alignment as A2, because the recall of A2 refused to work correctly...

Comment

• DAN_M
      DAN_M commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds pretty annoying, sorry my friend lol

Shelling the problem made the "issue" disappear. Still don't know why it happened.

Thanks anyway, all.
    SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

Originally posted by DAN_M View Post
      Shelling the problem made the "issue" disappear. Still don't know why it happened.

Thanks anyway, all.
      Sometimes that is the best policy. For some reason, the code behind the code gets jacked up.

Did you do a lot of heavy modifications to this program? For example, a major deletion?

Comment

• DAN_M
        DAN_M commented
        Editing a comment
        @bfire85
        Oh yeah, this program is huge. Insp rpt will be about 50 pages.

Name of the new alignment? Name of the alignment the new alignment recalled?

Try inserting some 10 document comments just before the new alignment, to "move" it from the problematic position in the program. Just a shot in the dark.
      PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment