2019 R2 Failed To Initialize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 R2 Failed To Initialize

Both of the computers running PC-DMIS 2019 R2 will continually try to load, but fail to initialize. On my newer CMM(March 2020) I only have R2. Programs and CMM working fine on Wednesday of last week. Tonight at start up, I cannot load either. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

We need more information. When you say "failed to initialize" does this mean it cannot connect to the CMM? What type of CMM controller is it? Have you checked the cables? Did this start happening after a particular event, like a software or hardware upgrade?

Comment

• neil.challinor
      neil.challinor commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, if this only recently happened (over the weekend?) and you're seeing the same behaviour on several different PC's then check with your IT dept. They may have installed a windows update or applied a policy change that could be affecting things.

It did not load PC-DMIS at all. It kept crashing, and sending the report. There was no updates to the PC(was on the phone with IT). I tried to reset the user and then it seemed to work. Very strange with two unique users and no updates that it would stop working. Any feedback as to this type of issue would be helpful to prevent it in the future.

Comment

albersjw Did you try a simple reboot? I had this issue last week; PC-DMIS would load for a split second after the splash screen and then crash to the error report window. Rebooting fixed it for me. 2 PC's with the same issue seems odd though.

Comment

Yes. Actually did a soft reboot of just restart computer first. Then I completed a shut down instead of restart. Also did a complete shutdown of CMM and computer to no avail. The only thing that worked was to reset the user. Very odd that two unique user IDs had the same issue.

Comment

• neil.challinor
          neil.challinor commented
          Editing a comment
          If the reset user solved the issue then something in the user settings was causing the problem. The only thing I can think of that immediately springs to mind would be if they got a warning message and ticked "don't ask me again" before making a selection that resulted in PC-Dmis being unable to start. This is quite common if the graphics driver is not up to date and you select NO when asked if you want to continue with potential graphics instability.

Network issue perhaps? I’ve noticed that changes in network structure can cause PC-DMIS to crash on startup. For instance if you have used files on a network path that is later unavailable. I now only open files locally and removed unavailable network drives, improved things for me. I would turn the new start screen off as well as that also seems to cause crashes at startup.

Comment

Yeah my immediate knee jerk reaction is network issue as well. Maybe talk to IT.

Comment