• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pc_dmis 2020 r1: Cad in graphics window moves when measuring

Hello
    my company just upgraded our romer arms to 7axis absolute arm 85
    with pc_dmis 2020 r1 installed.

Trying to get up to speed as fast as possible.

My previous version of pc_dmis 2011 had the cad model,
    in the graphics window, stay in one place while measuring a feature or set of features.
    Previously, i could manualy zoom and pan to a desired view of the model and it would stay in one place until i moved it.
    Most ideally perpendicular to the surface being measured

with the newer version of pc_dmis,
    the cd model automatially rotates and zooms off into the distance. Making it difficult to see where t measure.
    In addition, the probe in the graphics display window
    is in the way of seeing the point to be measured.

Is there a way of disabling or turning this off.

Thanks brian

I can't get it to NOT 'auto scale' or 'auto view angle' in 2012, not even the tech could 'fix' it. So, my work around is to change the VIEW to 2-graphics windows, one on top, one on bottom, then slide the divider as far up as I can, the bottom (or second view) doesn't do all that zoom & rotate crap.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

do you have auto centering of the probe turned on? Operation/Graphic Display Window/Center Probe could be on. Its also a toggle button.

You can also access this from the Graphic Modes toolbar, and clicking the Center Probe icon.

Comment

Thanks guys.
        Very clever matt.. Find myself inventing my own solutions all the time. Hay, just demonstrates how superior pc-dmis is.

Anyway, i figured it out.
        "auto scale manual feature during execution" was checked. Un-checked it and model stays put during execution.
        Edit>setup options>general. Very last item at bottom of list.

Do you know how to update/edit my member from "junior member" to something else

have a great day and 4th of july

Comment

• ogcharliebrown
          ogcharliebrown commented
          Editing a comment
          5 more posts....... 30 to be a member.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        Thanks guys.
        Very clever matt.. Find myself inventing my own solutions all the time. Hay, just demonstrates how superior pc-dmis is.

Anyway, i figured it out.
        "auto scale manual feature during execution" was checked. Un-checked it and model stays put during execution.
        Edit>setup options>general. Very last item at bottom of list.

Do you know how to update/edit my member from "junior member" to something else

have a great day and 4th of july
        it will update when the site thinks you've earned it (it is based on some internal system of the site). Except for me. Mine is unique is all the land.
        sigpic
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

haha! thats funny

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            haha! thats funny
            funny but true. It is not part of the site parameters, it was made just for me. No one else will ever get it unless a site admin manually changes it for them.
            sigpic

Comment