Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting Hit Targets - Move Speed

Running 2020 on a Global (slow model).

Was finishing up a program today, and had to adjust two hits hit targets on a plane (X, Y, and Z), just a little bit.

Went to run through the program again to make sure it was all tidied up, and noticed that the machine is now moving at snail speed for that plane - I did adjust the move speed to max speed for that feature with but nothing changed.

What am I missing?

When you say you "adjusted it to max speed for that feature," what did you do? The MOVESPEED command is either a percentage of max speed (where max speed would be 100) or is the actual value of the movespeed in mm/sec. If you hit F5 and go to the Part/Machine tab, you will see a checkbox called "Display Absolute Speed." If unchecked, it will be in percentage, if checked, it will be the actual value of the movespeed in mm/sec.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Ruff View Post
      When you say you "adjusted it to max speed for that feature," what did you do? The MOVESPEED command is either a percentage of max speed (where max speed would be 100) or is the actual value of the movespeed in mm/sec. If you hit F5 and go to the Part/Machine tab, you will see a checkbox called "Display Absolute Speed." If unchecked, it will be in percentage, if checked, it will be the actual value of the movespeed in mm/sec.
      It’s set for 254mm/sec.
      Im unsure exactly how fast it’s moving when executed, but if I had to guess it’s less than 10mm/sec.

Comment

You confusing Movespeed ( rapid ) with Touchspeed ( feed rate ) ?

Comment

MOVEDPEED is the parameter that effects how fast your CMM will move. If you hit F5, you'll see a box that looks like this:
          pic group.JPGhttps://www.pcdmisforum.com/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

"Display absolute speeds" is where I need your attention.
          -If that box is CHECKED, PC DMIS will read MOVESPEED commands in your program as an ABSOLUTE VALUE.
          -If that box is NOT CHECKED, PC DMIS will read MOVESPEED commands in your program as a PERCENTAGE OF YOUR CMM'S OVERALL POSSIBLE MOVESPEED AS DETERMINED BY YOUR CMM'S CONTROLLER

If the box is checked, and your movespeed is set to 100, and your CMM is capable of moving 300mm/sec, your CMM will move at exactly 100mm/sec.

If the box is NOT checked, and your movespeed is set to 100, and your CMM is capable of moving 300mm/sec, your CMM will move at exactly 300mm/sec.

Once you have a firm understanding of the two different ways the software gives you to control movespeed (please reach out if you need more help), YOU the programmer now get to decide which one you'll stick with.

My recommendation would be use the absolute value method. As your programs get more advanced, you might want the ability to completely control how fast you're going.
          If you're writing basic programs, the percentage method works fine. Just set everything to 90. (just because your car CAN go 140mph doesn't mean you redline the thing all day long, you'll kill it, cmm is the same thing).

The machine moves around at movespeed. It will approach the part to take a datapoint, will stop at the prehit zone for a split second to allow the machine to backlash, will go to the retract zone at touchspeed, then will resume traveling at movespeed until it gets to the next prehit datapoint zone.
          Last edited by DAN_M; 06-30-2020, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Schlag View Post
            You confusing Movespeed ( rapid ) with Touchspeed ( feed rate ) ?
            No, I understand the difference between the two - 99% of the program, the CMM is moving at 254mm/sec, even between hits of a feature. As soon as I adjusted the hit targets (2 out of 4), the move speed between the respective hits decreased immensely.

Comment

• ogcharliebrown
              ogcharliebrown commented
              Editing a comment
              If it's just that feature can you just rewrite that part of the program? When I have issues with a feature I'll just rewrite that part of the program.

Sounds to me, like the nuimber one I.T. suggested fix. Re-start PC-DMIS, re-try, if that doesn't work, re-start / re-home the CMM and PC-DMIS. I had an operator fix just that sort of an issue this morning by doing that.

Comment