TR_FG023, Machine Air Pressure or Lube Fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TR_FG023, Machine Air Pressure or Lube Fault

Hello, I have been getting a machine air pressure or lube fault error and I'm trying to figure out why. I get this error when the machine is running above 50% speed and usually when my Z axis accelerates or decelerates quickly. I have 80psi coming from our air supply and the gauge on the cmm reads 62psi. I run a B&S Status 2012 model. I've checked my air lines and cant find a leak. I dont know if changing my oil and water filter will help. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I haven't had that error, but I would for sure check the air and oil filters (supposed to be changed annually) on the machine. Then I would also check the other filters on your airlines, you probably have a water separator, oil separator, and maybe some others attached to the air chiller that might get neglected.

If the airlines are yellowed that means there are oils getting through the filters and that could cause a problem over time.

Comment

• KennethNganga
      KennethNganga commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont have an air dryer on this machine and I can see oil on my ways for my Z. I have pointed that out to management but we have 3 other Zeiss machine that leak way more oil and have never had a problem with them for years. They have an air dryer attached to them. Our tech has also said not to worry and just regularly wipe then down but I feel like it's a matter of time before something gives. I see the oil and water seperator. I'm wondering where are the other filters for the machine. Should I just follow the air lines and look around?

• Calvin.Korver
      Calvin.Korver commented
      Editing a comment
      I was told that I had to get an air dryer for any air that went into my CMM. Maybe it isn't 100% necessary, but eventually, you will get enough fluids in the machine that something won't run properly (which may be what happened).

As for the filters on your machine, I would think they would be right by where the air comes into your machine. Mine is on the lower right side of the machine and quite visible. I have also seen one on the backside of the machine, but they wouldn't be under any of the panels or anything like that.

Originally posted by KennethNganga View Post
    Hello, I have been getting a machine air pressure or lube fault error and I'm trying to figure out why. I get this error when the machine is running above 50% speed and usually when my Z axis accelerates or decelerates quickly. I have 80psi coming from our air supply and the gauge on the cmm reads 62psi. I run a B&S Status 2012 model. I've checked my air lines and cant find a leak. I dont know if changing my oil and water filter will help. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    I have never seen this error. Hopefully someone else on here has, that way we fellas can see the proper way.

Comment

The help file says "air is missing"...
      Not a real help here, but I link a way to common firmware errors.
      https://docs.hexagonmi.com/pcdmis/20...are_Errors.htm

Comment

• KennethNganga
        KennethNganga commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Jefman, this is good information to know.

A colleague of mine had that issue. I went to his place to check it out.

Machine's air supply wasn't set up properly & oil made it's way in. Lines were yellow and dried out. CMM had to be completely re-hosed by Hexagon, a good air dryer that Hexagon recommended was purchased & installed to stop the issue from happening again, and the CMM was put on a PM schedule at it's company. As far as I know to this day the machine is still working well.
      Last edited by DAN_M; 06-25-2020, 12:34 PM.
      SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

That sounds like my situation. I can see oil on the X and Z ways. Airlines look clear but I know oil is making it's way through. I also do not have an air dryer on this machine. Thanks for the info. I'll make a suggestion to management.

Comment

• DAN_M
          DAN_M commented
          Editing a comment
          Your machine NEEDS various hardware to function properly. Especially if your air system isn’t clean. If you can see oil on your scales, your accuracy is being effected and your machine is in the process of dying. Hex will gladly take your money when you place the service call. (Rehosing a machine is approx $20k.. plunging it in with the correct hardware would cost a fraction of that!) Goodluck my friend lol
          Last edited by DAN_M; 06-26-2020, 10:30 AM.

62 PSI may not be enough especially if you're counterbalance is leaking air too. Also 80PSI seems low for a supply line, there may be an issue with the volume of air being supplied to the machine.

Edit: I believe the global status likes to have about 65-70 PSI
        Last edited by Peter Fuller; 06-26-2020, 10:48 AM.
        Systems Integrator
        Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence

Comment

• KennethNganga
          KennethNganga commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for the response. Yeah 80 PSI was way to low for the machine. Turned it up to 100 PSI and no more error codes.

my Global 09-15-08 is running at 70 PSI

Comment

Set my air supply to 100 PSI and no more error codes. Thanks everyone.

Comment

I am glad you got it sorted out! You should definitely continue to scream to management about the oil in your lines, that is going to ruin your air lines.

Comment