Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMM machine name or ID number

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to pull the CMM machine name or ID number some kind of identifier that can be pull for machine size. I have several different CMM all different sizes and would like to run the program based on the size of the CMM Z height.

if this is possible, does anyone have any code?

TIA
    WScmm
    Dale
    v2011 MR1 CAD ++

Usually there is a sticker on the machine with the manufacturer, model, serial, etc. One of mine is b&s global performance 5 7 5.
    5 7 5 is the x,y, and z sizes in decimetres.
    Hopefully this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by WScmm View Post
      Hi All,

Does anyone know how to pull the CMM machine name or ID number some kind of identifier that can be pull for machine size. I have several different CMM all different sizes and would like to run the program based on the size of the CMM Z height.

if this is possible, does anyone have any code?

TIA
      WScmm
      The only way I know how is by creating the same folder in every machine and in it store a text file with unique machine name. Open and read file with FPTR.
      PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
      Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

Originally posted by Kp61dude! View Post

The only way I know how is by creating the same folder in every machine and in it store a text file with unique machine name. Open and read file with FPTR.
        +1 This is what we do here so each CMM ID# (or asset #) is on each report
        Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
        Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

thanks
          Dale
          v2011 MR1 CAD ++

Comment

Originally posted by Kp61dude! View Post

Hi, after reading the file, how can i put the machine id on the report? i added a command where i read the txt file like you're saying, but i don't know what to do next

Comment

That was a brain fart. Sorry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Disal View Post

Hi, after reading the file, how can i put the machine id on the report? i added a command where i read the txt file like you're saying, but i don't know what to do next
                Code:
                FPTR =FILE/OPEN,C:\TEMP\CMM.txt,READ
                V1 =FILE/READLINE,FPTR,{V_CMM}
                ASSIGN/V_CMM_ID="CMM ID="+V_CMM
                COMMENT/REPT,
                V_CMM_ID
                Read the name into a variable. In this case the variable name is V_CMM. Next put the cmm I.D. into a variable with any text you want in quotes. In this case I used V_CMM_ID. Then you can use a report comment to put that into the report.
                Last edited by Schrocknroll; 06-18-2020, 03:39 PM.
                PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

I do a CMM ID method kinda like the good ideas ^^^^ mentioned above. A little bit different though...

:
                  Code:
                  CMM_ID =FILE/OPEN,C:\CMM.TXT,READ
                  V2 =FILE/READLINE,CMM_ID,{V3}
                  then this is put in the report header::

CMM_ID.PNG

many ways to get to the destination
                  Last edited by sealevel; 06-18-2020, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Schrocknroll sealevel Thank you!! i'll try both. I've only done level 1 of the classes and i don't know too much about variables

Comment

• DAN_M
                      DAN_M commented
                      Editing a comment
                      A variable is a way to hold information in PC DMIS.

If you're in your edit window, and hit "Enter" to go to a new line. Start typing the word "Assign" and then hit the "Tab" key. You'll get something in your edit window that says V1=0. Congrats, you've just made your first variable! You can make as many variables as you want in any given program and can use them do do many different things.

Above, V1 equals the number ZERO.

Now, hit "Insert/Report Command/Comment", click create a report comment, click OK. You'll have a report comment in your edit window with the generic "Please enter text blahblahblah". Doubleclick that text so it turns blue, type V1, and click off of it. PC DMIS will pop up with a box that says "V1 is a variable are you referring to that??". Say yes. Voila, whatever V1 EQUALS will be displayed as a report comment when you execute your program. Now it is up to you to make V1 equal something useable for your purpose.

For YOU, based off of what I've read, I would recommend what shock is showing in comment #8. That is direct & uses basic commands without having to worry about keeping track of any custom inspection rpt headers.

Thank you DAN_M , the previous programmer loved variables lol, i see them everywhere. i'm starting to understand them, and i can do some basic ones. I did use the first example because i don't want to edit anything on the report template (it's a custom one). Just adding a comment to the report is good enough. Thank you all. I love coming into the forum just looking and i learn new things

Comment