Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parameters for Small Ruby Tips

Good morning!

I have a part where I need to measure the form using a scan. There is a small rad where I will need to approach the part at an angle, and the rad is about 0.060. My 1.5mm Ruby can't get the job done. So I have a 0.7mm styli and a 0.5mm. I sent the 0.7mm through calibration. Everything went fine, then next thing ya know, mid-scan, the thing just snaps right off and is nowhere to be found. Just the stem.

So this has made me a bit nervous and i'm wondering if any of you guys adjust your Parameters in a way to compliment ruby balls with a diameter <0.7mm. As in specifically different than your usual parameter settings for Styli that have ruby ball diameters at >1.5mm. I really want to give this a try. Could make my life a lot easier with more data in that Rad.

I've attached a pic of the model. One marking is the area I need to scan, and then a mark towards the rad.
    Attached Files
    PG

PC-DMIS 2010 MR3
    B&S Global Advantage 7-10-7
    TesaStar - SP25
    Houston, TX

I have a .3mm ball on a .2mm carbide shank that I have to cal and run very slow on a extreme low force module.

If I use even a std force module, the shank will snap.

If I run faster than about .4mm/sec the shank deflects and/or snaps. This means I cal at the same speed. I think I run it at .31mm / sec, someone else on on-line seat at the moment.

Is this what you are asking about?

Comment