Diameter size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diameter size

I have a callout with a diameter size with zero tolerance and the location of the diameter with a +/- .005" tolerance, How do I find where the diameter is located within the tolerance band?

Annotation 2020-06-05 111430.png
    Last edited by sallen; 06-05-2020, 12:18 PM.

If there aren't any modifiers in the TP FCF that call out is bunk. You most likely have a material modifier on one or more of your datums in the FCF. If this is the case you'll have to use Xact measure.

Edit: my bad I thought this was a position question. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by A_Shomshor; 06-05-2020, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• sallen
      sallen commented
      Editing a comment
      I added a pic of the callout, back in my quindos day we used to use a custom command to find the basic diameter size then have it report the z location out, I can't seem to figure that out with PC Dmis

• A_Shomshor
      A_Shomshor commented
      Editing a comment
      If this an ISO thing, I'm not your guy. This is a bogus call out in ASME. Check the notes on your print. Sorry, that's all I got. Good luck.

You will need to create a cone on the surface. Then you can construct a circle of the required diameter from the cone. Click Insert> Feature> Constructed> Circle. Select your cone from the list. From the dropdown, select Cone, From the next dropdown, select diameter and key in .244. Hit create. This will create a circle of diameter .244 on the cone. You should be able to dimension the depth of the circle from this. Then repeat the process for the other circle. HTH

Comment

I guess that's just another way to say that they are basic diameters. Do like Mike says and you should be all set.
      PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

Is it a cone all the way through? What's the 0.333 distance on the left and the 0.143 above the diameters represent? Are the two dashed lines representing a straight wall? At what depth is the Ø0.244 and Ø0.249 being measured to obtain a "basic" diameter? There seems to be missing information on this print.

Comment

the .333 is a step and those look like 2 step diameters not a cone at all, .333 is the location of the step between 2 diameters of .244 and .249 is my interpretation

Originally posted by bfire85 View Post
          Is it a cone all the way through? What's the 0.333 distance on the left and the 0.143 above the diameters represent? Are the two dashed lines representing a straight wall? At what depth is the Ø0.244 and Ø0.249 being measured to obtain a "basic" diameter? There seems to be missing information on this print.

Comment

• bfire85
            bfire85 commented
            Editing a comment
            I concur with you.

• Douglas
            Douglas commented
            Editing a comment
            .143 dimension needs clarification to me still though, it could define the zone for a different tolerance or finish on the same nominal diameter, seen that sort of thing before but from this view alone I see nothing

also... if I am correct good luck checking that .333 step location

Comment

• UKCMM
            UKCMM commented
            Editing a comment
            They cannot be step features as they are not shown as solid lines in the section view, they are most likely gauge position ref the two gauge diameters on the cone surface.

• Douglas
            Douglas commented
            Editing a comment
            well, +0/-0 is a convention thrown out the window so I would not count on that

I would set the part up and measure it with our bullshitometer. Never failed me yet.

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment