CAD Issue with Programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAD Issue with Programs

Hello all, I frequently have issues with my CADs staying attached to the programs that I write. After I write and run the program, they are fine, but if I open the said program sometime later, the CAD model will be missing and I have to re-import it to the program. Has anyone came across this before,and is there something that I can do to stop it from happening??
    Thanks

have you MOVED the program from one folder to another? There are TWO files for each program, if you only move the PRG file, then you have left the CAD data behind
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

• dolphin0214
      dolphin0214 commented
      Editing a comment
      Matthew,
      No, I haven't moved anything, and the move points for the program are still there, I just don't have the CAD attached anymore?? It's so bizarre

1) If you've cut & pasted the program from one file location to another, you might lose stuff like models and pictures that are supposed to be connected to comments.

Make a folder for each individual program you make and keep all models & pics for that program in that local folder. Save that entire "program folder" to a target destination once it is complete and you'll never lose the program's connection to those ancillary files.

2) You'll see funky stuff happen if you're trying to run programs that are saved on a network location and NOT on a computer that is local to the CMM.

It is never advisable to run PC DMIS programs from a network location. A Multitude of problems will eventually come up.

Pls confirm this stuff isn't tripping you up..if so I'll keep trying to think of stuff

Comment

• dolphin0214
      dolphin0214 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for replying Dan, but none of these are the possible reason. It is refreshing to know it's not something silly that I'm just missing lol

• DAN_M
      DAN_M commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like someone deleted it by mistake and isn't owning up to it lol. It doesn't just disappear... =/

Well, I would be at fault then lol, I'm the only one who runs the machine and knows anything about this software....

Comment

• DAN_M
      DAN_M commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you at fault???? LOL

I don't think so, it only happens occasional, for no rhyme or reason. That's what's got me stumped. I'm pretty OCD in the way I do things, so I don't think so...lol

Comment

If your the only one at your company that works on the software, that would tell me you are also the only one at your company on this forum. Its ok to just admit you deleted it or moved it. No one at work will find out and no one here knows where you work so you can just confess and start over clean........This is the way.......

Comment

Lol, it that was the case, believe me I would admit it and move on.

Comment

Is it possibly an antivirus thing?

Comment

I can't help you with any suggestions as they have been suggested above, however going forward maybe start to back up, or save as in another folder if you haven't already as Dan mentioned.
            Also I have to agree with Dan, not to keep it on the work network, we keep it just on the CMM computer.

Comment

Did you happen to rename the .PRG file or the .CAD file? They need to have EXACTLY the same filename (the only difference should be the extension) AND be in the same folder for the cad to show up in the program.

Comment